Random Act of Kindness September Sign-Up!



IMPORTANT UPDATE!
Due to the demands of keeping up with RAK, we have established a new email address dedicated to all RAK related inquiries.  With the help of The Bookish Brunette, we will be using this address ONLY to address everyone's quespsons and comments concerning RAK.  We find that it is too difficult to have questions spread out amongst 3 email addresses & Twitter accounts.  To eliminate confusion or anything slipping through the cracks, we've come up with this solution.
 
Starting immediatly, please send ALL RAK related messages to:
rakbybooksoulamates @ gmail . com
 
{Please click on the RAK button above to be re-directed to our Book Soulmates Store on Amazon. You can find all your favorite titles there and add them to your shopping cart.}
 
Wow! September is finally here and bringing with it a new month of RAKs! August was an amazing month full of gift giving and incredible generosity. Isalys and I are both so proud of everyone for participating and passing on some kindness. We all know how tough this economy has become so imagine how much it means to someone to be able receive that one book they've been longing for but couldn't afford. Yeah, you guys rock. You should all totally pat yourselves on the back! You're all inspirations and make us proud to be a part of such an incredible community.

Now with that said, we have received a few emails with people saying they cannot afford to buy a book for others but would be willing to create something, such as a handmade bookmark or something of that nature.
We'll be adding an extra column for people who would not mind accepting handmade goodies.
The winner of the RAK giveaway will be posted tomorrow {or Saturday} so stay tuned for that!
If you are new to RAK, welcome aboard!

RULES RE-CAP:
*NEW INFO ADDED*
Sign up each month that you'd like to participate. 
  • Show off your participation by grabbing our RAK button :)
  • Create a wish list (on Amazon, Goodreads, or your blog etc) and post it in the Google Doc located in each R.A.K post for the month. 
  • If you choose to do a R.A.K for someone, check out their wish list and contact that blogger for their address.
  • *NEW* Please, once you receive a RAK, send us an our new email to [rakbybooksoulmates @ gmail . com] dedicated to RAK so that the Google Doc can be updated. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU SEND EMAILS TO THIS ADDRESS.
  • *NEW* E-book participation is limited to files being gifted directly to a person from the e-book store. Amazon's Kindle Store is set up to allow this, as well as the Kobo store and we believe Barnes & Noble as well.
  • At the end of the month, SHOW US YOUR R.A.K! Make a post saying 'Thank You' to whoever granted one of your wishes and share it with us :)

OPEN TO EVERYONE!
Let's keep our International bloggers in mind and in our hearts.
Remember, there's always the Book Depository and they offer FREE shipping!

Easy peezy!!

Links you will need:
  • Sign up for September [HERE]
  • See who else is participating [HERE]
  • If you have any questions regarding RAK, please contact us via the following: rakbybooksoulamates @ gmail . com
     
    Good luck to all the giveaway participants and thanks for joining and passing on the kindness!
    You guys ROCK!!

Tips:
1. When talking about RAK on Twitter, please use the hastag (#RAK). It makes it much easier to keep track of the conversations, answer questions and/or tweet back! =)
2. When submitting your wish list, please make sure that it is set to PUBLIC viewing. Some people have run into trouble with wish lists that were set to private. We want to be sure that no one is left out of getting great RAKs.
3. Some of you seem to have gotten frustrated because you can't get your links to appear active. This is a very easy fix :) Just make sure that when you enter your link, do NOT hit the Enter key. Instead, hit the TAB key which will send you to the next field on the form. Additional spaces entered after the link will leave the link inactive. However, if this does happen to you...no worries, we'll fix it for you :)

44 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for starting this! This will be my first time participating and I am super excited :D

    -Kat

    http://katmuntser-reviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ladies? You can't really see people's entire email address on the form.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Kat!

    @Erika: I stretched the column so you should be able to see it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really a brilliant idea! :) Thanks for coming up with it :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my 1st time participating and I'm already messing up. I didn't put my blog name with my name. Can you still add it?

    I'm #42

    Christy @ Love of Books

    This is such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you guys for hosting this! It's awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. FYI. You can't gift Nook books from B&N. Yeah it sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm excited to participate again this month! I think this is 6 months for me...

    I've got my R.A.K. & monthly wrap-up post (plus some other important info for book bloggers)

    http://roofbeamreader.net/2011/09/02/september-r-a-k-and-other-whoa/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still love this, although I've taken part for 3 months now and have never received anything.
    Hope everyone gets some good books. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am looking forward to doing this! Newbie here!
    I am ready for Random Acts of Kindness...and performing them as well!

    If you want to know a little bit more about my books and me, please go to Musings of a Book Lover!. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey you guys! This is an awesome program and its so fun to spread the love! I also just wanted to mention that I accidentally added myself twice in this month's sign up sheet because I didn't think my first entry went through, but it did, so just to let you guys know! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This going to be my first time participating. Sounds like sooooo much fun. Thanks Book Soulmates for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No blog so posting my comments here :)
    list is at work but I sent out 7 RAK's and received 1.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! I would like to be apart of RAK!
    This will be my first time ever participating and I am very very excited!!
    ~~Sam
    papercutsya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much! It accidently signed me up twice, if you could remove one, I'd appreciate it. Sorry for the inconvenience!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is great! im new to this and im hoping i do get a book. i posted my entry twice, how can i remove one?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Going to sit this one out, but I just wanted to say what an awesome idea this is. Spreading the good word on this, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been trying to contact you and today I noticed you added the new mail. So I've been trying to reach you via that, but it won't deliver any mails to that address...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've added my name twice, and it never shows up on the list. What's up? Thanks!

    sinn @ sinnful books

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Sinn: Don't worry - you're on the list. You're # 264 :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. really sorry can you change my wishlist link as that one doesnt work for some reason just found out today heres the one that does work

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/registry/wishlist/1NWTPYT25TZQY/ref=cm_wl_act_vv?_encoding=UTF8&visitor-view=1&reveal=e

    many thanks

    jenny

    madsheepno1@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. I never knew about RAK until recently. I think is something wonderful for the community as well.

    First time joining this month of September and i am so so Excited!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great idea. I don't have time to join in, but you've reminded me to do some RAK anyway and I'll tweet about it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm late this month to sign-up, but still, here I am! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  25. this is such a good idea! i enjoyed reading what is on other people's wish list when i get some money i'll be defo buying someone a book. here is my wish list http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1X9PNZPUX4HIW

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi! I tried to email you guys, but it kept saying the email can't get through! :( Please email me back! I have a question about RAK!

    vampyreprincess109(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is such a great idea! I will definitely be participating with October! Thank you for hosting this!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a fantastic idea! I will be joining in next month :D

    Jenny x
    http://chocolatechunkymunkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. hey I tried to email you but the email can't get through! I was wondering if I can sign up even if I don't have a blog? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Quick question.. there might be a typo on the email?
    some of them say booksoulamates and some say booksoulmates (I'm assuming it doesn't have the "a" between soul and mate? lol)

    ReplyDelete
  31. @Ana Lucia & @justalillost.com: Sorry about the typo. I didn't realize it when I drafted the post. It's been corrected on October's sign-up post. And yes, RAK is open to non-bloggers too :)

    ♥Isalys

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi, I'm Leah. I recently started my RAK list, and am very excited to be participating. I'm able to help some people get the books of their dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is my first time participating and I am super excited!!! eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is such a great idea. I just signed up and it's my first time participating here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Don't feel bad girls, I didn't get the chance this time either to spread the good RAK due to being with work and all. I will try again in November.

    ReplyDelete
  36. What A awesome idea! I hope soon I can participate. My question is if used books are acceptable? I keep all my books in like new condition, even my ARC's

    ReplyDelete
  37. FYI, In a few spots on this post, your email has an extra 'a' in it, had me confused for a bit until I got my email returned to me, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I just started blogging today and I am excited to join RAK next month. It sounds like an amazing program.

    My blog is: breathofbooks@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is my first time participating and it seems i got the first column wrong, could you please please edit it to this: Ella/ Read Into Hiding/ @ellaangelus

    Sorry again ^^'

    ReplyDelete
  40. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  41. What an amazing idea! Thank you for going through all the trouble to set this up. I'm very new to blogging, just got mine up and running a couple of weeks ago. You have an awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Ok i am going to sign up and spread the love! :D this looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison