15 Day Book Blogger Challenge [Day 5]

Click on the image to be redirected to the original post.
Day 5: Recommend a tear jerker!

In going through my "Read" books on Goodreads, I realized that I haven't really read any tear jerkers.  In fact, very few books have ever truly affected me emotionally.  One of the only books to have made me shed a tear was PREY by Rachel Vincent and it was because a certain character was killed off.

Now I know I'm doing this bass-ackwards, but I'm going to "feature" a book that's been recommended to me by several people.


Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.

What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.

Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.
What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.

  I've been told by several that Lou and Will's story is nothing short of heart-wrenching & powerful.  I'm also told that it will be released in paperback in the U.S. soon so I'm waiting for that to get my hands on it...and then start it on a weekend because from what I understand, I won't be functional after reading this and will need time to recover - lol.


3 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhh...this book! I so can't wait for you to read it and then we can hug and talk about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOOOO excited!!!! PLEASE PLEASE keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard about this book until now and now I'm very curious.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison