Welcome to the Official Blog Tour for BIG NUMBERS by Jack Getze!
Laugh at divorced dad Austin Carr, a funny, oversexed scamp who'll do anything to get his kids back. Think Bugs Bunny with guns and a penis.
Divorced dad Austin Carr wakes up every day in a beat-up camper, parked on someone else’s private property. Why? Because his alimony and child support payments were established by New Jersey’s family court system when his income was double, and for the last two years he has failed to earn the legally mandated monthly nut. He’s had his savings drained, his Maxima repossessed, his salary attached, and his visiting rights suspended. He bought the twelve-year-old Chevy pick-up with the rusty camper for $800 last month because another landlord tossed his butt in the street. Will stretching the rules, his own morals, and the boundaries of common sense raise the cash needed to get his kids back? Or will his big mouth and bad behavior set him up for a nasty double-cross? See if Austin can redeem himself and win back his children.
WHERE YOU CAN BUY
- “Darkly comic, with an engaging protagonist.” -- T.J. MacGregor, Edgar Winner, Author of The Tango Key Mysteries
- “Big Numbers is a gritty, sexy, violent, and funny book.” -- Liz Clifford at Reviewed by Liz
- “Wonderful characters…well-written, entertaining…a good read.” --Connie Anderson for Armchair Interviews
- “Indiana Jones has his whip and Luke Skywalker has his light saber, but for Austin Carr, his full-boat grin is the weapon of choice.” --Melissa for Lou Reads
- “Jack Getze started his career as a newspaper reporter. As a result, BIG NUMBERS is lean and mean, with not a word wasted. A truly fun, genuinely funny read.” --Lisa Guidarini for Bluestalking Reader
About The Author
Former Los Angeles Times reporter Jack Getze is Fiction Editor for Anthony-nominated Spinetingler Magazine, one of the internet's oldest websites for noir, crime, and horror short stories. His screwball mysteries, BIG NUMBERS and BIG MONEY, are being reissued in 2013 by Down and Out Books, with the new BIG MOJO set for 2014. His short stories have appeared in Passages, A Twist of Noir, and Beat to a Pulp. Getze is an Active Member of Mystery Writers of America’s New York Chapter.
Must be 13+ To Enter | Open Intentionally
THIS OR THAT
|Warm or Cold
|Coffee or Tea?
|Stories that are light and fun or dark and serious?||Fun & light|
|Used books or
|TV or movies?
|Drive or Fly?
|At Home or Out
|Night Owl or
|New York or
||Los Angeles (lo-SANG-lays)|