February is the new January!!
We at Book ♥ Soulmates have had so much going on behind the scenes that we just couldn't get everything launched in January...but don't fret my pet, this is going to be a month chock full of fabulous surprises! *Oh man, we have been up to our bloggy elbows in all kinds of stuff*
And one of those stuffs is a new contest we'll be hosting once a month called
Now what exactly are Book Swingers?
Book Swingers is a monthly CONTEST, not a challenge, where we pair up the heroes and heroines from different books (of the same genre) and we ask YOU to write a "What if..." fanfic story about them.
For example, what if Katniss from "The Hunger Games" hooked up with Travis from "Forest of Hands & Teeth"? Hmm...maybe that can be a future pair!
Anyhoo, here is the info you guys will need if you want to participate.
- Story Title
- Your Name (as author)
- List of Characters
- P.O.V. (Point of View)
- Character Type Required: IC (In Character)
*Meaning, please be true to the way the character was written by the original author. Do not make Katniss a 35-year old lawyer from Manhattan! (lol)
- Must be a one shot.
*Keep in mind that these will be short stories so we'll need a beginning, middle and end with some sort of plot and subsequent plot resolution all within one chapter! (Don't panic...it doesn't have to be an overly complicated plot. We're only asking for some sort of conflict, no matter how minor.)
- Excluding any author notes, the minimum is 1,500 words and maximum is 10,000 words.
- You may only submit one story per contest per month.
- You can include any secondary characters of your choosing (original or pre-existing) so long as the story revolves around the main characters coupled for the month.
- Lemons (aka: booty, nookie, etc) are welcomed...in fact, we encourage it!
*However, we do ask that you refrain from any heavily erotic scenes involving YA characters...that just wouldn't be right!
- Contestants will have 2 weeks to write and submit their story. The final week of the month will be used to review all the entries and select a winner.
- To submit your entry, you can publish your story on your blog and submit the link to the post in the Mr. Linky below. If you do not have a blog but still wish to participate, you may publish your story on Facebook or Goodreads and submit that link instead.
- And last but not least, the PRIZE! One winner will be chosen every month for having the best, most complete story and the prize is...*A SURPRISE* Ha! Suckahs...
*Just teasing...it's part of our super-duper-top-secret surprise. That's why we're not saying what it is yet. Is the suspense killing you guys yet???
Ready to get started?
We'll start with YA and our first set of characters will be:
Rose from Vampire Academy
Jace from The Mortal Instruments
Their story is due by Friday, February 18, 2011.