Question of the Day 4.6.13

I brought the Plinky Question of the Day feature over to Book Soulmates because it was one of my favorite posts to create.  It's a great way to get to know you guys better and vice versa.  Sometimes the questions will deal with books or reading but, most of the time they won’t.  Because, let’s face it, there’s more to us than what we read.
You've been exiled to a private island, and your captors will only supply you with five foods. What do you pick?
I just realized that I'm starting this new feature with kind of a hard question.  *facepalm*  Figures.  *ahem*  Okay, so, after much deliberation I have decided that the five foods I'd want supplied to me are:

My Mother's Cafe Con Leche a.k.a. Cuban espresso with milk a.k.a. Nectar of the Gods (no joke!)
Pad Thai because it's damn delicious.
Chocolate.  This one's kind of obvious, right?
Tostada (a.k.a. buttered Cuban bread that's been toasted) for the Cafe Con Leche. 
My sister's chili and corn bread muffins because it's amazing.
How about you fellow readers?  What foods would you want supplied to you?

14 comments:

  1. My mom's arroz con gandules, epanadillas, chocolate, apple juice with crushed ice, mofongo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you think. Cafe con leche and tostada! Yes PLEASE :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh good question..pizza ,macaroni and cheese, peanut butter, milkshakes and orange chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with your list! Mmm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peanut Butter, Grilled Chicken, Asparagus, White Bread, and Butter

    (This is assuming all drinks are supplied--if not knock out the butter and add wine)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @VanessaD - What are epanadillas?

    @Juju - Lol! I can't live without this delicious duo.

    @Elizabeth - I love me some mac-n-cheese too. It was thisclose to making the list.

    @Jessica - Mmmm indeed. :)

    @Felicia - Lol! Hadn't even consider alcohol. Good call!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh great questions. Chocolate of course, cheesecake, lasagna, toast w/ jelly - yes this one of my favorite foods, and brisket.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I want Pad Thai for dinner and it's all your fault. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course Chocolate, yakitori (that's chicken skewers), coffee, vegemite and toast

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mom's homemade veggi soup
    Mom's deviled eggs
    Mom's broccoli casserole
    Mom's Caramel Apple Walnut Squares
    WATER!
    HAHA
    (I think I miss mom's cooking...)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So now I'm craving a Media Noche. Thanks. :P
    I think water would be #1 on the list for me, followed by coffee, chocolate, whole-grain cereal, and fish. Mmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fruit (unless it's already on the island. In which case, ice cream)
    Bread & Irish butter
    Tea
    Lasagna
    Caramel

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! I agree with all of this, especially the Nectar of the Gods! I MISS CAFE CON LECHE! I make my own, but it's not the same...

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Jenn - Oooohhhh cheesecake is a good one.

    @Carrie - =) Sorry!

    @Cheree - Yakitori sounds delicious.

    @Angela - Lol! There is definitely something to be said about Mom's cooking.

    @Beth - Media Noches are the bomb diggy!

    @Teawench - I like how you made the jump from fruit to ice cream. ;)

    @Smash - Awww! We'll have to bring some up for you if we get to see you this summer. Miss your face!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison