Teaser Tuesday 3.23.10

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading and it asks us to...
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share a couple of “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!
Isalys's Teaser:
"After he healed her, V walked over to the door, his big shoulders rolling with his gait. At the air lock, he looked back over his shoulder. "Don't think I was the only reason he [Butch] healed. You're his light, Marissa. Don't ever forget that." The Brother's eyes narrowed. "But here's something to keep in mind. You ever hurt him on purpose and I will consider you my enemy."

~ p. 90/91 from "Lover Revealed" by J.R. Ward
Fourth book in the Brotherhood of the Black Dagger Series.

Note: At nearly 500 pages, this book is more than a love story. However, the friendship between Butch & Vishous and the budding romance between Butch & Marissa are central to this installment of the BDB. I chose this particular teaser because I was impressed by how much about these relationships can be expressed in just a few words. Isalys

32 comments:

  1. I loved this book! I just finished reading Lover Enshrined...and it was fantastic too. Can never get enough of the BDB :)

    Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the next one that I need to read in this series. Thanks for visiting my TT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, i would love to hear your review on this book. Great teaser. Check mine out here:

    http://bookventuresbookclub.blogspot.com/2010/03/teaser-tuesdays_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my what a teaser. Enjoy reading the rest of the novel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I got goosebumps reading that just now! Great teaser!! Thanks for commenting on my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like something I've said to my friends future husband. :) Great teaser. I've got these books on my TBR list, maybe someday I'll get around to them.

    Thanks for stopping by my teaser at Find the Time to Read I hope you come back and visit me soon!
    -Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good one!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/03/teaser_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Oh Oh! I just got this book set in the mail yesterday!

    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Butch is one of my favourite characters from this series... great teaser! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been wanting to read this series! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmmm. Sounds mysterious and very intense. I like that. Excellent teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like this series. I am going to read lover enshrined when it comes in from the library. I am one of those fans that wanted a Butch/V pairing.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I fully intend to read this series one day. Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice tease. Thanks for visiting my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a how I feel about my children and grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely loved this book!

    Thanks for stopping by my TT post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great teaser. This book sounds really intense. I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for visiting my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is one of my all time favorite series. I hope that you enjoy your book. Here's My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  19. Doesn't sound my cuppa, but you be sure to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well I'm hooked! The first line made me think it was going to be a bit Harlequiny, but by the end I could see what you meant about it being more than a love story! A lot is expressed in those handful of lines. Terrific!

    I have an award for you! Check it out: http://thebookishtype.blogspot.com/p/awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like someone you wouldn't want as an enemy. Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have this author's books in my TBR. I can't wait to finally get to them!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have never ever heard of this book, author or series! LOVE TT!!!

    Great teaser, today!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great Teaser!!! I haven't had the chance to read anything from J.R. Ward yet, but I definitely am planning on getting some of her books ASAP!!! Here is my teaser
    http://romanceramblings23.blogspot.com/2010/03/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. The BDB series is one of my favorites and also responsible for getting me reading again! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a nice reminder of how much I need to start this series :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ooohh...threats! And love/hurt/healing. Sounds fascinating! Great teaser - and thanks for coming by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, what strong words. Great Teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yikes! I don't think I would want him as an enemy...thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison