Blog Soulmate: The Bookish Brunette

We have a new BLOG SOULMATE to tell you about :)

This is our way of telling them that, "Hey, we think you're cool and we love your blog and we want the world to know this!"

{Note: This is an exclusive award and not intended for being passed on. However, our chosen blog soulmates are welcomed to do a post on their own blogs letting their followers know that, well, we like them!}


Our BLOG SOULMATE Award for this week goes to:

Ashley, The Bookish Brunette

Bookish Brunette

We did a mini interview with Ashley and here is what she had to say:
  1. What made you decide to start blogging?
    I decided to 'book' blog because I've always been an avid reader, and I had started following a few reviewer blogs to get ideas for new reading material. When I quit 'regular' blogging, I completely had withdrawals (addict much?) so I thought, "Hey, why not try blogging about something you love to do anyway?" and so The Bookish Brunette was born!

  2. Best and worst parts about blogging?
    The BEST part about blogging is meeting other fabulous book lovers, authors and people who just love everything book related. The WORST part is definitely when you build relationships with said authors/publishers and end up hating their book. (No joke dude... I HATE that!)

  3. Why zombies?
    Zombies are awesome...duh! Okay, I freaking love zombie books because of their diversity! I'm totally serious; you've got: zombie heroes, zombie horror, zombie apocalypse, zombie comedy and zombie romance-just to name a few! Very few genres can give you THAT wide a subject variety and still be epic! True story.

  4. You just wrapped up your Zombie Craze Feature, any other big bloggy plans?
    Not for a little while.  Let me recuperate and ask me in a month! Seriously, Zombie Craze was thought up on June 1 then planned, put together and executed by June 20. I'm not much of a 'planner'(obviously). To say it was stressful is an understatement, but I'm wicked excited about how well it turned out. Go Team Zombie! ;)

  5. Tell us something completely random about yourself.
    I collect flamingo figurines. I totally do, they are so pretty and pink! What's not to love?
That is a bit about the fantastically awesome Bookish Brunette!  Isalys and Ashley are having a Twitter affair, LOL.  In fact, we're talking about starting some sort of club with secret decoder rings 'n everything.  So check out her blog sometime soon and then jump in on our Twit chats to see what a rad chick she really is :)

12 comments:

  1. Ashley is such a great name! :)

    And for realz, Ashley is totally awesome! She's a blast to talk to on Twitter!! Loved this mini-interview!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Riotous applause* Great choice ladies! Ashley really is an awesome blogger and her personality comes across in her posts and comments. She's responsible for my growing interest in zombie fiction too... ;)

    Fun mini-interview.

    Shelagh
    The Word Fiend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley is one rad chic. True story.

    I agree with Ashley. Ashley is a great name. LOL...On that Ashley note. I know it's a popular name, but never met many Ashleys IRL. However, AShleys populate the blogosphere like bunnies. I think it goes to show how rad we are. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww!! YAY me!!! I'm wicked excited to be the Book Soulmate this week!!!

    (Can I tell you how much it tickles me that you fixed my punctuation mistakes?? Bahahaha!!! Only you guys...the only reason I know is bc I would never use a semi-colon!)

    I LOOOOVE you guys! And Isalys and I are TOTALLY having a Twitter affair... We're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is freaking AWESOME!! ;))
    Awessssssssssssome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Loretta @ Between The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  6. Team Zombie Flamingos?!

    I love Ashly. I am so glad to see her featured. In just a few short months, she has come to own the blogosphere with her dynamic and caring personality! Okay, I'm about to get a bit weepy here, but I really admire her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! :) You totally deserve this award - your Zombie Craze was a bit hit and I loved every minute of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is totally wonderful and I <3 her too! Love the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to meet you Ashley. Heading over to your site to stalk, er, check you out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ashley - Pink flamingos and zombies totally go together. When I think of one, the other immediately comes to mind!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hehe, cute interview...though the flamingo thing disturbs me a bit. ;)


    Smiles!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice blog..Keep up sharing the information..Good luck.SOULMATE

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison