Speaking of Blogcation... Where has Vanessa been?!

Oh where oh where has Vanessa been?!
{I get this question a lot}

I have been on a MAJOR blogcation for a while! It began late last year when I decided to quit my job, go work for my uncle's car business a few days a week, and finally go back to school. Yayy right? I started out with such high hopes and motivation! I felt like I was finally on the right track. Unfortunately things at work didn't go quite as planned. My uncle started demanding I work more days a week (6 to be exact with the same measly pay) and had me working longer hours. Ahhh, the joys of working with family. I quit school AGAIN because I just couldn't keep up. Then my grandfather falls down, breaks his ribs and comes to live with us a while. Although I loved having him there because he's my everything, it took a toll on me since I was taking care of him at night and then had to go to work the next day. 
After a few weeks things started to look better and I felt like I could finally take on more bloggy work. I started working towards this crazy little dream of mine {That I'm totally still keeping secret :P} and enlisted the help of some amazing fellow bloggers. It felt soooo good to finally be working on a project that I believed in! It was great. We had awesome teamwork and everyone believed in the project as much as I did and the work that was being turned in was amazing. Then, once again, tragedy struck. I'll just say it involved more hospital visits and more drama. I fell into a depression because things just didn't seem to get any better. I hated work, I didn't have motivation for anything.... I was in a HUGE funk! I even stopped hanging out with my friends and didn't pick up a book for months! *GASP* I hate to say it but because of this stupid funk I missed out on some pretty cool author events with my bloggy besties {Isalys, Nely, Ash, and Jen}. At the time I just didn't care. Ugh! I hate feeling like that.
I'm happy to report though that I'm really trying to snap out of it. Life is not any easier - heck, just these past two weeks alone there have been more accidents and hospital visits - but I'm really trying to look at life differently and have a positive attitude. 

Sorry if I've sounded like such a Debbie Downer! I just needed to to kind of get things off my chest and share this with my bloggy friends.

I miss blogging and reading and just hanging out with my girls drinking tea and talking about the latest book cover! I'm going to try to post as much as possible and get back into the swing of things. Isalys will still be checking in and lurking around so do not fear! She just needs some time off from blogging and worrying about scheduling posts. 

Aside from posting as much as I can, I also hope to revive the challenges that have fallen wayyyy behind. RAK will still be kept up to date and after I go through the 9,091 emails in my inbox {I'm not kidding} I promise to try and answer any emails I may find in there that pertain to the blog. And guess what... I may even finally write a friggin review! It's time to get over this shyness of mine. I even bought a magazine by Writer's Digest called Writing Basics, lol. Wish me luck!

It's funny, just the thought of blogging again has me all cheerful! Yayy! I'm back!

15 comments:

  1. So glad your back Vanessa I know how you feel I had to take a major blogging break when my family's financial issue started get real bad. I really just didn't feel like blogging and now were doing ok, I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. So I really hope things get better for you girl. Keep your head up and I'll be on the look out for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks. I hope things get better for you too. Keeping up with a hobby, no matter how passionate you are about it, can get difficult when you're stressed out and in a funk. I hope we can both get back into the swing of things! Blogging and reading are a great escape from life's little annoying problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanessa- I hope life works out for the best for you. I really wish that everyone in your family does well and stays healthy.
    Maybe you will feel a little better when you check your emails and get back into blogging. You will have a slight surprise from me since I sent you an email about sending you an RAK about 2-3 weeks ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing Vanessa. One day at a time and I look forward to your thoughts on books you have read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I am sooooooooooooo happy to hear you in such great spirits. We have all missed you and I do hope that I get to see your smiling face soon (very soon, say, this Saturday perhaps??? lol). Let me know if I can help you with anything and keep your head up! ♥

    P.S. WAY excited for you to write a review! Let me know if you want an extra pair of eyes for the first few tries. That can be so helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your hard times. I hope everything is getting better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've missed you a bunch! Hope we can work together again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Alexa: Omg! I'm so sorry I haven't seen it. I'm glad I wrote this post though. I would hate for you to think I ignored your email on purpose! Can't wait to see what you wrote :)

    @Rain: Thanks! I look forward to getting back into blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @BB a.k.a Smash: I am soooo going to shoot for Saturday! I already told Gio about it and he was happy for me. The only thing is his granny is in the hospital so I'm not too sure yet. I REALLY want to see you guys! You have been missed.

    Thanks for offering to check out my review posts! I may take you up on that. :P Lord knows I need all the help I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Andrea: Thanks! I hope so too :)

    @Gina: Yessss! I loved working with you! Hopefully, we can work together again once I get my duckies in a row. Missed you all a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Vanessa! Man I've missed seeing you around blogland and even Goodreads! I'm sorry you're having such a hard time of it this year. I know all about that as I still have my moments.

    The blog and we'll be here when you get back and I'm looking forward to cyber stalking your blog again when both you and Isalys get back!

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY!!! I don't know you nearly as well as I know Isa... since we're Twitter affairing and all... but I look forward to it chick! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Guess who's back...back again...Vane's back...tell a friend. What?! Not feelin' my Eminem remix? *sigh* Nice to see you posting again my friend. I got yo back homie. Don't ever hesitate to holla at ya girl if you need me. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you're back, Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *hugs* I missed you too! Good luck! I'm glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison