Every week, we'll announce a new recipient for our BLOG SOULMATE AWARD! This is our way of helping spread the word about these awesome bloggers we love!
Our BLOG SOULMATE Award for this week goes to:
Shannon from. . . .
- What made you decide to start blogging?
I started reading other book blogs and enjoyed the community so much that I decided I wanted to be a part of it!
- Favorite and least favorite things about blogging
My favorite thing about blogging is the community! I have met so many amazing people through my blog and through twitter. I love being able to talk to others about the books that I love, something that is lacking in my offline life.
My lease favorite things has to be the drama that pops up from time to time. I do my best to stay out of it but it is hard not to want to voice an opinion from time to time. Still though, I find this to be only an occasional thing and certainly not something that bothers me enough to stop blogging.
- If you could hang out with ONE author, who would it be and why?
That is such a hard question! I would choose Anne Rice. I think The Vampire Chronicles is such an important series. There was really nothing like it before and I think it has influenced so much after it. Plus, I like that Anne Rice is so involved with her fans on Facebook. I really think she would be a great person to learn from.
- What is the ONE book you tell everyone they 'have to' read?
That changes depending on the day you ask me. Right now I am all about The Fault in our Stars by John Green. I loved everything about it. I am not one to cry at books often but this one has me sobbing! Even though it deals with serious and heartbreaking issues there is also laughter and love to be found and that is one of the things I love about it the most. It is just like life, there is love and laughter in our real lives even in times of sadness.
- Do you have any bookish guilty pleasures?
I am not sure how to answer this one. I am such an open person that nothing I read is a secret. One series that feels a bit like a guilty pleasure is the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. I have read every single one and I think Ranger is my number 1 book crush!
- I hate lace up shoes. It is not uncommon for me to be wearing sandals in winter. (Don't worry though, I don't wear socks with my sandals even then!) Luckily I like boots or snow would be a serious problem for me!
- I joke that I must have been hung as a witch in a former life because I also hate turtlenecks; any shirt that is high around my neck actually.
- I am a mom to a 13 year old boy, a 7 year old girl and I have one on the way, due in July.
- I like caramel more than chocolate. It is shocking, but it is true!
- I am a new Buffy fan! I never watched the show when it was on originally but now I am watching all the episodes on Netflix and I love them! I am watching and loving Angel with it too!
where 5 winners will be chosen to win some pretty snazzy books :)
Thanks Shannon for hanging out with us today *huggles*