Blog Soulmate: Reading the Paranormal


Every week, we'll announce a new recipient for our BLOG SOULMATE AWARD! This is our way of helping spread the word about these awesome bloggers we love!

Our BLOG SOULMATE Award for this week goes to:

Kelly from . . .

Blogging since September 2011

Find her on: Twitter | Goodreads
  1. What made you decide to start blogging?I started my book blog when I realized that book reviews were slowly taking over my personal blog. If I'm completely honest, I should scratch the word "slowly" out of that sentence. I was reading 2 or 3 books a day at one point and... yeah, those book reviews were spawning like bunnies and I decided that they needed their own home. Thus, Reading the Paranormal was born!

  2. Favorite and least favorite things about blogging?
    Favorite: Meeting people who love books as much as I do. The support in the reviewing community is really outstanding and I LOVE finding new authors and books.

    Least favorite: Balancing real life against my urge to blog at all hours of the day and night. As it turns out I like to write. I like to share my dorkitude with others. I've finally started pacing myself on reviews and scheduling them out instead of dumping them on the blog in a mass. I'm slow, but I can taught. Anyway. Scheduling takes the pressure off and lets me enjoy my reading EVEN MORE!

  3. If you could hang out with ONE author, who would it be and why?
    I'm going to take a moment to quietly whine that this question is TOO HARD.
    *whine, whine, whine*

    Okay. I'm done.

    On second thought I honestly can't come up with an answer to this. I mean, if the author could bring their characters, I'd totally choose J.R. Ward. I'd demand that Rehvenge be present during our meeting and force him to sit next to me in a way that would be entirely awkward and completely awesome. I probably wouldn't say a word to her the entire time we were hanging out, but I'd stare in a totally creepy and stalkeresque way at Rehv.

    But if the author isn't going to bring their characters... umm... I don't know. I DON'T KNOW.

  4. What is the ONE book you tell everyone they 'have to' read?
    Right now, it's Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison. That book was shiver worthy. And fabulous. You know what? You should TOTALLY read it.

  5. Do you have any bookish guilty pleasures?
    Err... I love sexy sci-fi. For the record, there's not nearly enough sci-fi erotica out there. We should petition for more. MORE SEX IN SPACE! POSSIBLY WITH ALIENS! Do you hear me, authors?!?! MORE!



Now tell us 5 random, non-bookish things about yourself:
    • I drink massive quantities of coffee.
    • I like to change my hair color fairly often.
    • I think my little dog might be a cyborg sent from the future to save the world.
    • I like to wallow in marathons of my favorite TV shows.
    • Generally speaking, I prefer shapeshifters to vampires.

      So now you guys see why we love this chick so much!!  She's seriously one of the funniest people evah =)

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE marathons of my favorite show and loooove your answer about your dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome I would so love to meet JR Ward also

    ReplyDelete
  3. RIGHT? Trying to find a balance is almost IMPOSSIBLE!!! Congrats chick!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU are a supastah! I think Rehv might very well enjoy your...ways. LOL. And HALLELUJAH for Dragon Bround! ♥ And finally, we just need to tackle the above Ashley into reading some sexy sci-fi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Q&A. It was very entertaining! I like to change my hair color a lot too, and I am addicted to coffee!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison