Tuesday's Teasers 08.25.09

Today's new releases are:



And Isalys is especially excited about:



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading and it asks us to...

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!
Here is Isalys's teaser for this week:
"I crumple to the ground, where my mother's blood has stained the hem of my best dress, forever staining it. And then the scream I've been holding back comes pouring out of me hard and fast as a night train just as the sky opens wide and fierce rain pours down, drowning out every sound."
~p. 17 from "A Great & Terrible Beauty" by Libba Bray

Here is Vanessa's teaser for this week:

"Real life's nasty. It's cruel. It doesn't care about heroes and happy endings and the way things should be. In real life, bad things happen. People die. Fights are lost. Evil often wins. I just wanted to make that clear before I began."
~p. 3 from "Cirque Du Freak: A living Nightmare" by Darren Shan

2 comments:

  1. Both are great teasers! Cirque Du Freak: A living Nightmare sounds interesting!

    -Eleni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry! I think I may have messed up my last post! I'm a little distracted this morning!

    Just wanted to let you know that you have an award over at my blog, if you do that sort of thing!

    http://cerebralgirl.blogspot.com/2009/08/thank-you-thank-you-thank-you.html

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison