Rant or Rave Monday

Good morning!

Book ♥ Soulmates is back and we're starting the year and the week with a new meme called 'Rant or Rave Monday'. We can all pretty much agree that Monday isn't our favorite day of the week so we thought that we'd use this day to let off a little steam - good or bad!

Let's get started...

Vanessa's Rave
Hello my fellow book lovers!! I've missed you all sooo much! As you all know Isa and I have taken a "winter hiatus" and we haven't done any actual blogging whatsoever. We have, however, sat down and thought about how can we improve our blog. We also asked ourselves "what are our weaknesses and strengths?" One of my weaknesses is not having enough time! I feel there's always so much to do and so little time.

Some of my New Year's Blog resolutions are:
*To improve the blog with Isa.
We have a lot of goodies to share with you all!!

*Pick the contest winners faster.
I, Vanessa, promise to choose our winners in a timely manner. This has definitely been a problem for me. I honestly feel horrible for not posting them on time. So, I promise, this year will be different! Cross my ♥

*Write more reviews.
I found myself reading a whole bunch of books but delaying the actual review part. Hello! We're book reviewers! I NEED to write reviews. I, Vanessa, also promise to write more reviews and will try to write them as detailed as possible without spoilers and without being too lengthy!

*Read more books
I feel I didn't read as many books as I would have liked. I'd like to change that this year.

*Actually participate in challenges
I noticed I signed up for challenges last year, and even though I DID actually read the books for the challenges, I would forget to include them as part of the challenges. DOH *Hangs head in shame*

I'm sure there's more... I'll keep adding as I go remembering! lol

On a different note: I'm soooo super excited that we're starting this new Monday Meme. I love that we can all now Rant and Rave about whatever we want and share our stories with each other. (I'm sure Isa and I will be ranting a lot about South Florida traffic! Grrr!) My first Rave is going to be about our new and improved site! As I'm sure many of you will notice, we are now officially www.booksoulmates.com! How exciting! We figured we should do this so that it's easier for people to a) Remember us and b) not have to type so much! lol. Also, since we're always meeting new book lovers all the time at our local Author Events and at our weekly B&N getaways, we figured it'd be soooo much easier to just say booksoulmates.com and avoid having to confuse people with the "blogspot.com" portion of it. Anyhoo, we have all sorts of new goodies for the upcoming year that we'll be sharing with you all! I really hope you love our new site as much as we do!

Happy New Year!!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Isalys's Rave

I just found out that Richelle Mead author of the Vampire Academy series is coming to town this weekend! I cannot tell you how excited I am about this.

I had seen the first Vampire Academy #1 at Barnes & Noble and I would pick it up & put it down, pick it up & put it down, until one day I said the heck with it. I picked it up and never put it down again! I loveee this series. Each book got better and better...and when book four ended, I thought my heart was going to stop! LOL

Book 5, Spirit Bound will be hitting stores on May 18th and you better believe that I'm counting down.

Here's the scoop on Richelle Mead's visit for those of you are in South Florida or will be in town this weekend:

Sunday, January 17 @ 5pm - Miami, FL
Coral Gables Congregational Church
3010 De Soto Blvd.
Miami, FL
*Event is being run by Books and Books but is being held at the church because of space. The store will be there selling books, and questions should be directed to them: (305) 442-4408


You can also visit Richelle's Calendar to see her other stops.

I will definitely be doing an author spotlight for this event next week so stayed tuned for details, pics and more :)

How exciting!


19 comments:

  1. YAYYYYYYY the blog is open I'm so excited I missed looking at the blog everyday!!!!!!!!!! I know the blog with rock even more this year

    xoxo
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT TOTALLY WILL!! We're SUPER excited for this new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way it looks you guys did a great job with the look

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Isalys did ALL the designing stuff! She is sooooo talented. I swear... I thank GOD she's my book soulmate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, thanks ladies!! It was quite a bit of work, but I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

    Who knows? Maybe I'll start designing layouts next, lol.

    ♥Isalys

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!!!! The owls give it such a "Vane" touch too. Love the Rant/Rave post. I'm excited about Richelle Read too. I'm definitely going!

    ♥Nely

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girls how come my picture doesn't come out when I leave a comment like you guys I don't understand this blog sign in thing???

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ♥ the owls! I was sooooo excited when Isa was able to incorporate them in our design!!

    Nely: I can't wait for us girls to start going to these Author Events again. The last one was for Leviathan. Way tooo long ago!

    Cynthia: You should totally go with us on Sunday! It would be great to finally meet you!

    It could be our Bookish Sunday Funday =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes Im going I'm totally there I love Richelle Mead so Im supper excited to see her by the way and excited to meet you and Nely I feel like I totally know you guys =)

    I follow yours and nelly blog through yahoo when I leave a comment there no yahoo so my picture doesn't come out how do you guys get your picture to show with the comment???? I suck at figureing these computer things

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohh great now I used my email address so it came out diffrent this is horrible I don't know what Im doing before I was hitting AOL (LMBOOOOOOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know mine comes out b/c I have a Blogger profile.... not sure how you can get one too without a blogger account. =(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay I think I use my Yahoo one girls cynthiagarrido2004 it is (LOL)

    See you guys on Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did it shows in the front page where it says Our followers but not in the comment ooo will Im not going to stress it anymore =) you guys know who I am (LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes we do! And if you go on Sunday we'll take pics and post them on the site. That way EVERYONE will know who you are!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so happy and excited that I came across this blog. I believe it was from blogsfromlatinas.com. Anyways, I am a huge bookworm and just looking forward to all your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awwww thanks LC! We're looking forward to hearing from you as well! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison