We're so excited to introduce our new Indie Star and BLOG SOULMATE for this week:
Kendall Grey and her BLOG
Kendall Grey, word dibbler and whale champion, was born without an off-switch between her brain and mouth. She's been called the "flux capacitor of Twitter" and "a little package of love all wrapped up in F-word paper," but she's really just a maniacal writer relaying eyewitness accounts of the rave inside her head.
Find her on:
Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads
- What made you decide to start blogging?
All the other writers were doing it, so I thought I'd better jump on the bandwagon. :-)
- Favorite and least favorite things about blogging?
My favorite thing about blogging is ranting. I do that a lot. I run off at the mouth about random topics. It feels good to vent sometimes.
My least favorite part is sticking to a set schedule. Therefore, I don't follow a schedule. I tried to, but it was too overwhelming, and honestly, not that many people want to read my blog every single day. Now I just blog when I have something important or mildly interesting/entertaining to say. No reason to blog purely for the sake of blogging. People who do that bore me.
- If you could hang out with ONE author, who would it be and why?
J.R. Ward. She's my favorite author ever, though I haven't read her last few books simply because I don't have time to read. I love her voice. Love her characters. I've seen her speak at conferences before. She's engaging and interesting. She has a great sense of humor. I think it would be most awesome to sit down and chat with her for an hour.
- What is the ONE book you tell everyone they 'have to' read?
As I said, I rarely read anything any more, but if I *had* to choose one book, I'd say J.R. Ward's "Lover Unbound." Vishous is my favorite of all the Brothers. Hawt, hawt, HAWT!
- Do you have any bookish guilty pleasures?
Man, I wish! No time to read means no time for guilty pleasures. Life sucks all around. :-(
- I *think* I have sensory integration disorder, though I've not been formally diagnosed. Loud sounds, chatter, general noise all bug the crap out of me. I must write and read in total silence - another reason I don't read books. Did I mention I have 3 loud kids? I jump a lot.
- Anyone who follows me on social networks or who has read my books knows I'm a huge whale lover and advocate. All profits from sales of my urban fantasy romance trilogy will be donated to whale education. Yeah. I love the whales THAT much. :-)
- I love to quilt and do scrap booking. I'm a total fabric whore. I can't go into a fabric shop without buying *something.* I tend to sew and scrapbook in waves. I won't do anything for months, then I'll get all creative and sew for three days straight - usually because I've hit a wall with the book in progress.
- I used to be a middle school teacher. I taught Language Arts, Science, and worked with gifted kids. While teaching, I coached Future Problem Solving teams and took several to international competitions. For those who don't know, FPS is a program that encourages kids to apply problem solving skills in creative ways to futuristic scenarios. If you're a parent - get your kid involved. It's AMAZING!
- Last but not least...I used to make and sell rubber clothing. Yep, actual clothes. Made out of rubber. I'll leave it at that. :-)