Author Blog Soulmate: Kendall Grey

Photobucket


We're so excited to introduce our new Indie Star and BLOG SOULMATE for this week: 
Kendall Grey and her BLOG


Kendall Grey, word dibbler and whale champion, was born without an off-switch between her brain and mouth.  She's been called the "flux capacitor of Twitter" and  "a little package of love all wrapped up in F-word paper," but she's really just a maniacal writer relaying eyewitness accounts of the rave inside her head.

Find her on:
Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads


  1. What made you decide to start blogging?
    All the other writers were doing it, so I thought I'd better jump on the bandwagon. :-)

  2. Favorite and least favorite things about blogging?
    My favorite thing about blogging is ranting. I do that a lot. I run off at the mouth about random topics. It feels good to vent sometimes.

    My least favorite part is sticking to a set schedule. Therefore, I don't follow a schedule. I tried to, but it was too overwhelming, and honestly, not that many people want to read my blog every single day. Now I just blog when I have something important or mildly interesting/entertaining to say. No reason to blog purely for the sake of blogging. People who do that bore me.

  3. If you could hang out with ONE author, who would it be and why?
    J.R. Ward. She's my favorite author ever, though I haven't read her last few books simply because I don't have time to read. I love her voice. Love her characters. I've seen her speak at conferences before. She's engaging and interesting. She has a great sense of humor. I think it would be most awesome to sit down and chat with her for an hour.

  4. What is the ONE book you tell everyone they 'have to' read?
    As I said, I rarely read anything any more, but if I *had* to choose one book, I'd say J.R. Ward's "Lover Unbound." Vishous is my favorite of all the Brothers. Hawt, hawt, HAWT!

  5. Do you have any bookish guilty pleasures?
    Man, I wish! No time to read means no time for guilty pleasures. Life sucks all around. :-(

Now tell us 5 random, non-bookish things about yourself:
  • I *think* I have sensory integration disorder, though I've not been formally diagnosed. Loud sounds, chatter, general noise all bug the crap out of me. I must write and read in total silence - another reason I don't read books. Did I mention I have 3 loud kids? I jump a lot.
  • Anyone who follows me on social networks or who has read my books knows I'm a huge whale lover and advocate. All profits from sales of my urban fantasy romance trilogy will be donated to whale education. Yeah. I love the whales THAT much. :-)
  • I love to quilt and do scrap booking. I'm a total fabric whore. I can't go into a fabric shop without buying *something.* I tend to sew and scrapbook in waves. I won't do anything for months, then I'll get all creative and sew for three days straight - usually because I've hit a wall with the book in progress.
  • I used to be a middle school teacher. I taught Language Arts, Science, and worked with gifted kids. While teaching, I coached Future Problem Solving teams and took several to international competitions. For those who don't know, FPS is a program that encourages kids to apply problem solving skills in creative ways to futuristic scenarios. If you're a parent - get your kid involved. It's AMAZING!
  • Last but not least...I used to make and sell rubber clothing. Yep, actual clothes. Made out of rubber. I'll leave it at that. :-)
We have all kinds of awesome stuff planned with this chick for the week so be sure to visit every day :)

11 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for inviting me to participate in this AWESOME project, ladies. I had so much fun doing this interview. Looking forward to the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loud noise bothers me too. I get overwhelmed. LOL Did I mention I have a 4 month old? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU SCRAPBOOK!?!?! Wicked cool. I do too, though I rarely find the time anymore in between blogging and work. *sigh* I wanted to be a marine biologist most of my adolescence. I LOVE dolphins, so your love for whales is totally understandable. KEEP up the great advocacy! ♥

    I personally love your thought-to-mouth dysfunction. Makes you more real and hella entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! Rubber clothing! That just sounds kinky! ;) I tried to get into scrap booking, but I pretty much suck at it. I like to make friendship bracelets though. I love whales and dolphins. I actually used to want to be a marine biologist. I still do, but it's not gonna happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Juju - I feel your pain about the 4 month old. I had three of those at one time or other. HAHA!

    Smash and Amy - Yeah, I love scrapbooking! I should probably keep it to myself so as not to tarnish my badass image (HA!), but what the eff, I gotta be me. :-) I think almost every girl has had a fascination with dolphins at one point or other. It's like we totally get them, you know? They're so graceful and beautiful. What's not to love? First time I saw a whale though, I seriously almost pissed myself. I don't believe in love at first sight with humans, but where whales are concerned, hell yes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!!! You can have V... Butch isy favorite brother!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ward is one of my favorites too!

    And, where exactly can one buy this rubber clothing? ;)

    Great meeting you. I really admire your affection for whales and the fact that you advocate for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bookish Brunette - Or we could put V and Butch together in a cage match and watch them get...er...busy. Hahaha!

    Missie - I don't make or sell rubber clothes anymore. It's been years, but I still have a small personal stash. Too bad my ass has doubled in size since then. Damn kids! HA!

    If it weren't for the whales, I would never have written this series. I hope that my readers will take away some appreciation for whales and maybe even engage in a little advocacy of their own, though I certainly don't want to push it on anyone. Even if they don't, whatever profits I turn will help the whales anyway, so it's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great interview! I do <3 me some Kendall, so it's always fun to see what she's up to. Can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vhisious is your brother??? Then I know I will like you.. he's mine too and ..damn it he's hot! But, then you have to read her second last book Payne's story - seriously.. you have to!

    And J.R. Ward.., I wish I could meet her too!

    It was nice meeting you Kendall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Krista! I heart you!

    Danny, Vishous isn't my brother. No, that wouldn't be any fun. Oh, the things I could do to him. Hahaha! I will eventually get to Payne's book. I *know* it's awesome. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison