Will Fairies Be The New Film Trend?

We have another great film announcement for you :)

Most you you already know that Disney plans on turning YA book "Wings" by Aprilynne Pike into a big feature film starring Miley Cyrus. However, it's not the only one...


Universal Pictures has acquired the rights and will be working on releasing a film based on Melissa Marr's ever popular series, "Wicked Lovely". The movie will be produced by Wild West Picture Show Productions and adapted by Caroline Thompson.

Wild West is owned by Vince Vaughn and most recently produced his new film "Couples Retreat" and you know Caroline Thompson from movies like Edward Scissorhands, Nightmare Before Christmas, and Corpse Bride. This makes me extra excited because it so happens that I LOVEEEE all three of these movies!!


No casting information or release dates have been announced yet, but we will definitely keep an eye out for updates so we keep you guys posted!


Click here to read Variety's press release

And a quick little note for you "Wicked Lovely" fans, the fourth installment "Radiant Shadows" is scheduled for release on April 20, 2010 so don't forget to mark your calendars :)


Going back to movies though, most of us were pretty quick to jump on the vampire/werewolf TV & film bandwagon with Twilight, Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Vampire Diaries, etc. Do you guys think that Fairies will be the next big thing? Let us know...


4 comments:

  1. I don't see why not! I'm excited to hear about this adaptation. Even though I almost always love the book more, I still like to see a good adaptation on screen. =)

    Meghan @ Medieval Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't care what's the next big thing as long as it's of the paranormal nature! I love vampires, weres, shifters, and even faeries. I'm looking forward to seeing these movies, despite the fact that Miley Cyrus will be playing in Wings. Heck, she may surprise me. (I've grown tired of watching her on Disney thanx to my lil siblings!)

    Thanks for the post, now I have more movies to jot down on my must watch list! My fiance will be thrilled (yeah right!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking Hush Hush would make a good movie. Not faeries, fallen angels though.

    Hollywood is riding the YA Supe wave until it peters out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meghan: I agree! Even though the books are wayyyy better, I still like to see the movie/tv series. I just mostly like to see who they chose to play the parts.

    Falling off the shelf: LOL! I totally agree about the whole Miley Cyrus thing... She may surprise me as well!

    Holly: Yessss! Hush Hush SHOULD be a movie too! (I wonder what new ending is going to be like...)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison