Fresh Friday 05.29.09

Vanessa's Choice:
Crushed Potatoes


What You Need:
6 cups (2 lb.) halved unpeeled red potatoes
3 cloved of roasted garlic
2 Tbsp. butter or margerine
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 cup Kraft shredded cheddar cheese

Make It!
PLACE potatoes and enough water to cover in 3-quart saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook 20 to 25 min. or until tender. Drain.

MASH potatoes, garlic, butter, salt and pepper randomly so that potatoes remain in large pieces.

SPRINKLE with cheese before serving.



Isalys's Choice:
Frozen Grasshopper Squares


What You Need:
28 OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, divided
1 container (1-1/2 qt.) mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened
1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip Topping, thawed
1 square Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate, grated

Make It!

LINE
13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Crush 20 cookies; sprinkle crumbs onto bottom of prepared pan.

SPREAD ice cream evenly over crumbs in pan; top with Cool Whip and grated chocolate.

FREEZE for 3 hours. Remove from freezer for 15 min before serving.


Enjoy!!

3 comments:

  1. Hello my email is chocolateandcroissants@yahoo.com

    sorry I thought that when I log in with my blog address-you could reach me that way.

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those recipes sound great! I wonder too if I can do in my slow cooker (or rice cooker)! And I'm almost always able to substitute sugar with Splenda (well my daughter is the baker here!, so I should say she can!) So if you can't have sugar try recipes with Splenda, it does wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh, this dish sounds terrific! And easy! LOL, that's a huge prerequisite for cooking during the summer! I'm going to try this!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison