Teaser Tuesday 4.6.10

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading and it asks us to...
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share a couple of “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!
Vanessa's Teaser:
"Maybe you know someone as your little sister's friend." He says, "And then maybe something shifts. Maybe one day you hear them say something unexpected. Or hear the way they laugh and then suddenly you see them all over again. Like this time it's different."

~ p. 17 from "The Dead-Tossed Waves" by Carrie Ryan


Isalys's Teaser:
I had two teasers I really liked and I couldn't decide which to go with, so here's both :)
1- "And just for a moment, I forgot the bomb, and the police, and the fact that I was in a stolen car with a guy whose pockets were full of dodgy money. It seemed like, after waiting fifteen years, my life had finally begun. I was in a real-life adventure, and I was enjoying the ride." ~ p. 91

2- "But perhaps the number were a two-edged sword. What if I didn't just have a hand in causing death - what if I could save lives, too? And if I saved Spider today, could I save him on the fifteenth?"

~ p. 124 from "Numbers (Numbers #1)" by Rachel Ward

29 comments:

  1. ooh, sounds deep! Enjoy your week in reading. My TT is from The Seventh Witch and can be found here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interested to see what you thought of Dead-Tossed Waves.

    And, oooh, Numbers looks so good.

    3 very nice teasers!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh love the teasers! I have The Dead-Tossed Waves on my TBB list and I keep seeing Numbers all around blogland need to add it to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teasers, both are books that I want to read. Your teasers just made me want to read them that much more. Hee.

    Thanks for stopping by my teaser at Find the Time to Read!

    -Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice teasers...both are books that I really really really want to read : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent teasers. I have read good things about both novels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your teasers actually leave me really curious about the books. Thanks for stopping by my blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - all of these teasers are great! And they make me want to read both books (which is the purpose, eh?)! Is the first one a bit of a spoiler, by any chance? I like it, but I can't help thinking that it's pretty pivotal. But then, I haven't read the book myself... :) Nice choices!

    If you'd like, you can check out mine here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teasers, particularly the one with bombs and police and enjoying the ride. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of those are really good teasers! I will be interested in reading your review of Dead-Tossed Waves. And Numbers is on my TBR list, hopefully our library copy will come in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Writing down the title and author for the second book :)
    Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both teasers were great!! I am going to have to add these books to my TBR pile:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool teasers. I have no doubt that you both will enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just got Numbers and can't wait to make time for it. Great teasers today!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great teasers for the both of them. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool teasers! I hope you both enjoy your books, and thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice, nice, nice! Two books I can not wait to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Enjoy your books. Thank you for stopping by my TT.

    ReplyDelete
  19. All three are great teasers! I can't wait to read Dead-Tossed Waves...I'm just a bit nervous. Forest of Hands and Teeth actually scared me a bit haha

    ReplyDelete
  20. You two sure know how to pick most interesting books and teasers!

    Thanks for dropping by mine!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like something I would read.

    here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great teasers. I can see why Isalys had a hard time picking!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like all three teasers! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison