Blog Soulmate: Hannah from Once Upon A Time



Every week, we announce a new recipient for our BLOG SOULMATE AWARD! This is our way of helping spread the word about awesome bloggers we love!

BLOG SOULMATE is back and this week's award goes to:

Hannah from Once Upon A Time . . .
Once Upon A Time
Blogging since December 2010

Find Hannah on: Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Amazon
  1. What made you decide to start blogging?
    I've been blogging in general for years. I started out with a livejournal, I imagine, and eventually moved onto Wordpress where I blogged about my teenage life and how unfair it was! Eventually I moved that stuff to a written diary, thank god, but I started blogging about a game I play, World of Warcraft, about 2 and a half years ago now. There's a huge community surrounding the game and it was so much fun that once I decided to quit (which didn't last), I didn't want to stop blogging so I looked into the other hobby I'm particularly passionate about. Reading. And slowly my personal blog which I kept on the side evolved into the book blog I still write today.

  2. Favorite and least favorite things about blogging?
    I love the community! I doubt I would have continued without it. There are so so many amazing and fun people involved in book blogging. You can make friends from all over the place, near to home or on the other side of the world. There are events, read-alongs, read-a-thons, giveaway hops, memes, twitter chats... all sorts of things that you can join in with and it's so fun. I love the people I've met while doing this.

    My least favourite thing has to be the attitudes. Some people get greedy, some people get bitchy, and some people get a little up themselves (not everybody, I feel I should add. I stick by 'I love you guys'). Sure, that's something you'll come across in all walks of life but I just feel as though all of the drama-inducing negative attitudes completely goes against the idea that this is a book blogging community. You know?

  3. If you could hang out with ONE author, who would it be and why?
    Oh my god! I'm terrified of meeting authors I love and respect in case they're awful. Haha. Though I know that's pretty unfounded. I don't know though. Hmm.. there's a pretty big difference between meeting an author and hanging with them. Maybe Belle Whittington? She's a lot of fun to talk to!

  4. What is the ONE book you tell everyone they 'have to' read?
    It varies depending on the person's reading tastes, but I'll go with Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle #1) by Patrick Rothfuss. I adore this book and I think I've recommended it to every fantasy lover I've come across! The story is fantastic and rich, and the writing style is simply...wow. There are two layers to it. The modern day, and the story being told, and it's written in such a lyrical style I found myself swooning over the words.

  5. Do you have any bookish guilty pleasures?
    I always consider chick lit to be my guilty pleasure but at the same time I don't feel at all guilty reading them, haha. I love how light and fluffy and fun chick lits are. There's little to no darkness in them, and sometimes I just find it nice to have a little break. I really do enjoy a good chick lit with a decent sense of humour!

Now tell us 5 random, non-bookish things about yourself:
Ooh, okay, well...
  • I'm a gamer. I've already mentioned that I play World of Warcraft in which I used to raid, amongst other MMORPGs, single player RPGs, and simulation type games (i.e. Sims 3).
  • I'm pretty much addicted to Pepsi Max. I like the caffiene and yumminess and I can't enjoy full fat cokes, diet drinks, or even stuff like coke zero, so Pepsi Max it is and I pretty much always have a glass next to me.
  • I don't drink alcohol. And you should see the looks I get when I say that! It's scary how large a part of our culture drinking is...but anyway. I just don't enjoy it, so I don't spend the money.
  • I'm currently living in South Wales with my other half, also known as Dan, in our first flat. We're engaged, have been together for four years, and actually met in World of Warcraft!
  • I really really love pugs and one day, when we're out of this flat, I want to have a little pug called Muffin!
So Hannah is pretty much a DELIGHT!  Hit her up on Twitter and check out her blog to see what we mean :) 

6 comments:

  1. Oh this is nice..great feature and congrats to hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for gamers! I play Xbox, most recently Skyrim (+165 hours and counting over the past 6 months). I didn't drink all through college until I turned 21 -- yes it's illegal in the states but since 80% of my college classmates spent their freetime trying to get their hands on alcohol, it freed me up for some of my best memories. I'm grateful for my college memories sans any horrifying blackout stories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pepsi?!?! Eew! ;) I can totally look past it and try to turn you into a Coke lover though!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun feature! And hooray for not feeling guilty about your "guilty pleasure" reading.

    Now I'm off to check out Hannah's blog...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Stephsco I still need to start on Skyrim! I'm terrible at getting around to single player games, especially of the console variety.

    @Ashley Gotta remember the two taste different over here. We don't use corn syrup and Pepsi Max is a lot nicer than Pepsi! Nom.

    @V <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaaay Hannah! *pompoms*
    I didn't know you and Dan met in WoW <3
    Also, Skyrim. DO IT. It's so preeetty.
    <3 Angelya
    www.oakenbookcase.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison