Read-Along/Scavenger Hunt Schedule for Fairy Metal Thunder:
July 20th: Chapters 14-20 hosted by Tina of Tina’s Book Reviews
July 27th: Chapters 21-27 hosted by Jen of In the Closet With a Bibliophile
Week 2 Discussion Questions for Chapter 14-20:
- In the beginning of chapter 14, poor Jason is having a tough time at work. It's busy, people are rude, there are hot girls talking to him, big lady's are about to starve, all in all bad work day. So tell us about a time when you had to deal with a pushy customer or rude behavior, did you freak, keep it together, throw a slawburger?
Well, you see, I'm in Sales which to some may be known as the 5th level of Hell. (I hope the power's that pay don't see this, lol). I have some really good clients that I'm happy to jump through hoops for but then I also have some that are all "gimme, gimme, gimme now". Sorry folks, the Veruca Salt routine isn't cute! When they begin to have their tantrums and throw a fit because they can't understand why they can't have what they want NOW, I play it cool. As tempting as it would be to tell them to quit their whining, I can't because I still needs to get paid!
- In chapter 16, Jason is getting ready to shoot his rocking music video and perform for a crowd. Have you ever made a rock video, been in a play or anything that shows you doing something with musical talent? Extra points if you want to show us.
Sadly, I didn't inherit the musical gene in my family pool. We only had two and each of my brothers got one. One brother played Trumpet and the other played Clarinet & Sax in the school band.
The only talent I have is dancing! I'm not "So You Think You Can Dance" material, but I can get down at a party ;)
Yeah, I love the "WTF" look Vanessa has on her face, LMAO!
- Speaking of videos, the boys have a little chat about Steven Spielberg in chapter 17, what is your favorite Spielberg movie? Can't think of one...well then tell us about one of your favorite Sci-fi movies.
Of the movies he directed, I like: Jurassic Park (the first one), I actually liked A.I. even though it was hella long (and Jude Lawe is still sexy, even as a robot), Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, but my favorite is probably Hook. Hook is a classic!Of the movies he produced, I like: Who Framed Roger Rabbit (childhood favorite), Men in Black, and Monster House :)
- At the end of Chapter 17 the guys say bye to Dred who is getting ready to move, did you ever have to start over in a new school or new place when you were in high school? Was it good, bad...horrible?
Not when I was in high school. I've only lived away from home once and that was right after I got married. My husband was transferred to a station in the northwest suburbs of Chicago so we lived there for about 4 years.
It was coooooold, but we had a GREAT time living there! Chicago is an amazing city and we made some lifelong friends there :)
- If you had a pet Unicorn, what would you name it?
And I shall call him "Fruity McSparklepants"
(Btw, I think this dude lost a bet...a BIG one!)
- And just for fun: Would you rather be pecked to death by a vulture or eat a Goblins toenails???
Ok, really...you had to go there, huh?
Well, shit! If I had to pick [assuming there's a 12-gauge shotgun to my head forcing me to make this horrendous decision] then I choose to eat Goblin toenails. Why? Because I can crush them, add salt, pepper and maybe some balsamic vinegar and then still have the option of regurgitating them.