Blog Soulmate: Stalking the Bookshelves



Every week, we announce a new recipient for our BLOG SOULMATE AWARD! This is our way of helping spread the word about awesome bloggers we love!

BLOG SOULMATE is back and this week's award goes to:

Stalking the Bookshelves . . .

Blogging since November 2010

Find Shannon on: Twitter | Goodreads
Find Carrie on: Twitter | Goodreads
  1. What made you decide to start blogging?
    Shannon:  I originally started blogging cuz many of my friends didn't read YA book or read at all. Thankfully I've converted a bunch since then :)

    Carrie: Shannon and I were always discussing books. She needed some help with the blog and asked me if I would contribute. It has been a really fun way to bond even more as sisters.

  2. Favorite and least favorite things about blogging?
    Both:
    Favorite: Discussing books with fellow book lovers, making new friends and helping promote books and authors I love!

    Least favorite: Writing reviews. I still feel like I'm not very good at it. <-- We can relate.

  3. If you could hang out with ONE author, who would it be and why?
    Shannon: Can't choose. This question is too impossible, LOL

    Carrie:
    Gayle Forman. I read a lot of books but something about her writing is so honest and real. It takes a lot to make me cry while reading and she has managed to do it every time. I think it would be so interesting to meet her and just talk. <--We got to meet her once and she was very cool.  Hope you get to meet her too :)

  4. What is the ONE book you tell everyone they 'have to' read?
    Shannon: Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys.  Ruta is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Her book is incredible moving & discusses such an important piece of forgotten history. Even if you're not a fan of historical fiction you MUST read it. I promise even if you don't LOVE it will stay with you.

    Carrie: That is hard. I have definitely had some favorites this last year and I tend to recommend a book based on the person. I think I have definitely recommended The Night Circus more than any other book lately though. It is amazing!

  5. Do you have any bookish guilty pleasures?
    Shannon: Nope. I never feel guilty about anything book related. LOL

    Carrie:
    Guilty pleasures? Hmmm...I guess probably paranormal romance books.


Now tell us 5 random, non-bookish things about yourself:
Shannon:
  • I was briefly in the Air Force, but lets not discuss how that turned out. LOL.
  • I get pretty obsessed with the Olympics when they're on. Like watching sports I don't even care about obsessive.
  • I'm in LOVE w/ British television. Doctor Who, Torchwood, Being Human, Skins, Misfits, Sherlock & Downton Abbey are just some of my favs.
  • I will always prefer a cabin in the snowy mountains instead of the beach. Seriously, I am NOT a surf and sun kind of girl. Heat...blah!
  • I lived in Alaska for 4 years.  Its where I met my hubby & my oldest daughter was born.
    ATTN Single ladies: The Ratio of women to men there is 1 to 4.  Just sayin ;)
Carrie:
  • I have three tattoos.
  • In 2011, I ran five 5K's and one half marathon.
  • I went to high school with actor Josh Duhamel...yep, that guy from the Transformers movies.
  • While in the front row of a Nelson's concert, I was almost crushed by the crowd and had to be removed by security for my own safety. (Yes, I'm old :-P)
  • My favorite movie when I was a kid was Annie. I had every song memorized. Shannon is lucky to be alive today after accidentally breaking my VHS copy. LOL

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me!! The answer to question 5 must be Shannon though. No Dunkin Donuts in Utah. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having us!!! I love seeing me and Carrie's answers side by side. We're so alike yet so different :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Nelsons!!! I saw them with my mom years ago. They are too freaking adorable.

    And I hate the heat, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading this. Thanks for sharing ladies!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison