Fairy Metal Thunder Read-A-Long: Week 2


Read-Along/Scavenger Hunt Schedule for Fairy Metal Thunder:
July 6th: Chapters 1-6 hosted by Missie of The Unread Reader
July 13th: Chapters 7-13 hosted by Kelly of Reading the Paranormal
July 20th: Chapters 14-20 hosted by Tina of Tina’s Book Reviews
July 27th: Chapters 21-27 hosted by Jen of In the Closet With a Bibliophile

Week 2 Discussion Questions for Chapter 7-13:

1. Unfairly grounded by his parents, Jason decides to lie to them so he can go to the audition in Minneapolis. Unfortunately, not only does the audition end poorly but his parents discover his lie and things go downhill from there. Tell us the most outrageous lie you've ever been caught in. Bonus points if you can provide pictorial proof. Reenactments eagerly accepted.
Picture it...Miami Beach...1999...
I'm 19 and shit-faced for the first time.  I drank too many Screwdrivers and Vodka Cranberries on an empty stomach.  My girl friends and I are cracking up at...the air for all I know (because that's what happens when you're drunk ) and stumbling down Washington Avenue in South Beach.  I made it home in one piece, but went straight to the bathroom where I proceeded to worship The Porcelain God.  The next day, I wake up like it's all good in the hood!  (Fact:  I've never had a hangover!)

Dad: "What happened to you last night?"
Me:  "Nothing."
Dad: "What did you eat last night?"
Me: "Not much, why?"
Mom: "What did you drink last night?"
Me: *blank stare* <--BUSTED!


Photo reenactment only!
I never actually got in trouble with the parentals though.  I think mom figured that the shame of having my head in a toilet and asking for death was punishment enough! lol

2. In Faerie, Aoide is summoned to see the Faerie Queen. Have you ever met someone important like the Faerie Queen? Someone famous? Tell us the story behind how it happened. Once again, pictures are a plus!
 Living near South Beach, we've seen a few celebs just hanging around, like Jennifer Lopez (yes, her booty is redonkulous), LL Cool J, Lebron and Wade (duh!), etc.

The only one I have a picture of is when we met Malibu's Most Wanted, Jamie Kennedy.


I've also gotten to meet FABULOUS authors at the Dark Days tours and met authors Lauren Oliver (photo below), Carrie Ryan, Andrew Smith, Richelle Mead,Lauren Kate, Kimberly Derting, Claudia Gray, Dan Wells, Tahereh Mafi, Veronice Rossi, Gayle Forman, Candace Bushnell, and more!  

3. Caught lying to his father about his non-existent job at the car wash, Jason has now found gainful employment at Buddy McSlawburger's - where he's forced to wear "the funny hat" as part of his uniform. What's the worst job you've ever had? Did it involve a particularly noxious uniform? Tell us about it - in riveting, full-color detail!
My first job is the only one that made me wear a "uniform" and (unfortunately for you) it wasn't as bad as McSlobberbooger's, lol.  I worked at a novelty shop where I had to wear a really snazzy blue apron w/ red trim.  The purpose was to let customer's know who the employees were (since we wandered the store performing different tasks) and I carried scissors, an order pad and a pen (and various other items) in the front pockets.

4. In an effort to regain their stolen instruments, Aoide and Rhodia travel to the sugar swamp to hire a hunter. Wouldn't you love to live somewhere where the water is sweet and the grass is made of sugar cane? Show us a picture of you enjoying your favorite sweet treat. Or, rewrite history and tell us how your version of the sugar swamp would differ from the one in the book.
I don't eat a whole lot of sweets but I do have some favorites like: créme bruleé, anything chocolate, Peanut M&Ms (best candy ever), frozen yogurt from Menchies (topped with coconut flakes, marshmellows and Marachino cherries), and S'mores (gift to mankind) :)

Below is a picture of what happens when you get between me and my chocolate ganache birthday cake!





12 comments:

  1. Lol!! Your post is awesome!!! Love the reenactment photo. Dude!! I freaking love S'mores!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's a lovely re-enactment of your face in the toilet. I'm shocked you still love vodka!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @JL: Trust me when I tell you that I didn't love vodka for a long time after that! The good news is that now we've mended fences and I no longer let it get the best...or rather the worst of me ;)

    ♥Isalys

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've never had a hangover because of your serious ass metabolism! That has got to be it. And that has to be why I always feel terrible the next day, even after one drink. My metabo is a jackass with it's turtle pace. lol

    Ahhhh. That last pic will never get old. In fact, you should send me the original because I want to scrap it. heh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isa, I <3 you so hard for your reenactment photo! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOSH...seriously you are hysterical. Those pictures are funny, you and your hubs must have tons of fun together!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um... yea... that first story happened to me, but I never lied about it. LOL

    If I saw Jamie Kennedy I'd be so worried I was about to get Punked (or whatever they said during that show that was like that... LOL).

    That last pic is too perfect! LOL Love it! I will never get between you and chocolate ganache! I will heed the warning! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love smores. They are the perfect on hot summer nights by the fire or even in the winter with the gas stove. In college my friends and I used to make them every night.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First time getting super drunk at 19. I would call that an accomplishment! LOL My first time was probably 16. OMG You met some awesome authors and Jamie Kennedy is cool too! An apron isn't too bad. I love Peanut Butter M&Ms and I love creme brulee.
    My Answers

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's my girl. You defend what's yours! LOL

    Love the photo reenactment, it's pure win. And Jamie Kennedy! Hahaha. You live in the best area ever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. (sorry I'm so late on the commenting, crazy weekend)

    *dies laughing* Best. Reenactment. Ever.

    Me thinks I need to visit Miami. It seems like so much fun, although I don't know about the drivers. ;)

    I wish I could backhand my husband when he gets into the desserts. Mostly I hate when his brother(who is 46 and lives with us) steals the last pieces of pie. I want to cut off his arms. I possibly have anger management issues.

    ps. I detest coconut O_o LOL!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison