Cover Art: Passion by Lauren Kate


Looky what we found :)

Luce & Daniel's story continues with Passion {the 3rd installment in the Fallen Series}.

Let's be honest, most of us have mixed feelings over this series.  We love it, we hate it, we're still drawn to it...

But regardless of how we feel about it, we can all agree that this series has one of, if not THE, most beautiful cover art available in YA today!  Major props to the artist :)

Passion
by Lauren Kate

Scheduled to release on June 14, 2011 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers. [per Goodreads].


 Blurb:
Before Luce and Daniel met at Sword & Cross and fought immortals at Shoreline, they lived many lives. . . .
 
Lauren says....
When I started writing Passion, I knew the series was bursting into some very exciting uncharted territory. This chase backwards through time, with each chapter set in a different country and a different century across five thousand years is undoubtedly the most romantic, most intense, most…passionate book I’ve ever written–and I think you’ll agree it has the cover to match. I love the dramatic bursts of color, the intensity and desolation of the backdrop, and of course, the dress. It’s also the perfect book to show just a hint of Luce’s face. I am counting down the days until I can share the book with you, but in the meantime, I hope you love the cover as much as I do.


My favorite cover of the series is still Torment (book # 2) - that cover brought tears to my eyes with all its eerie prettiness!  However, this one is still absolutely *sigh* worthy.

Which is your favorite?

♥Isalys

17 comments:

  1. I LOVE this cover! I only wish she was holding her favorite flower (peonies). Then again, maybe something happened in book two with a rose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly hate this one with a passion. Especially because all the previous ones were gorgeous. Ergh. The fact that we can see Luce's face... I don't like it. And she's not exactly a looker which does not appeal to me at all.

    I hate that this cover as colors. It doesn't match the other covers and that does not appeal to me. I was a fan of the previous two covers so I'm really disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People aren't digging this cover, I don't know why though!! I love it! The colors are dramatic and fit so well with each other. It's not like we are seeing her entire face, just a small portion really.

    I love it, I think my favorite is still cover #2, but this one is a close second.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this cover! Can't wait to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried reading Fallen but I gave up, it wasn't for me. But the covers are absolutely breathtaking! I think I tried Fallen just for the cover alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the coolest cover ever. =) I have been wanting to read these books for a while just because I adore the covers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked the tone/color scheme the other two set more than these two. =x I mean, it's still pretty, but I prefer the other covers to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Not that I'm surprised, after the first two covers. I have Fallen and Torment on my shelf, but I haven't gotten a chance to read them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved reading the first two books - currently finishing torment - and loved their covers. Looking forward to Passion but I'm undecided on the cover, not sure if I like it or not but whatever that won't stop me reading it!!!! You look at the words inside not the cover!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saw your blog over at the hop! mentioned you on my Hop post!

    Alisha
    http://blacknailedreviews.blogspot.com/2011/01/book-blogger-hop-1711-11011.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this covers!! Did you know that they're the work of a Brazilian artist? Her name is Fernanda Brussi :D
    She is also the model in her works! Here's her gallery: http://gilraen-ar-feiniel.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this covers!! Did you know that they're the work of a Brazilian artist? Her name is Fernanda Brussi :D
    She is also the model in her works! Here's her gallery: http://gilraen-ar-feiniel.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not a huge Fallen fan, but I think this is an incredible cover.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oo, I like this cover.

    Btw, I gave you an award:
    http://justanotherbookaddict.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really hate this cover. I hate it so much that I would be ashamed to be seen holding it. I'm a graphic designer so this stuff stands out to me. I think the first two covers in the series were fabulous though. There was this other potential cover for passion that I wish was the actual cover: here

    ReplyDelete
  16. This cover is okay, but my favorite is still Fallen. It was the cover that had brought my attention to the book in the first place.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison