Vanessa's Personal Challenges for 2011!

Hey kiddos! I'm back! 
Boy have I missed blogging! I've been doing A LOT of 'behind the scenes' work and I cannot wait to share all of our goodies with you guys! Unfortunately a lot of the goodies aren't ready to be showcased yet... but do not fear!... all will be revealed in due time {Hopefully the next few weeks}. The blog is getting a complete make-over and we're also cooking up some super cool features that we're VERY excited about!

Now... onto the challenges I hope to participate in.
{I'm leaving the ones we personally host for last}

The First one that I'm ÜBER excited about is hosted by the lovely Book Vixen!
[0 / 10]

Yup, you're reading correctly. We get to read all those cool books we read when we were youngin's <-- (spelling?). I was literally hopping up and down when I started thinking of all the books I loved and get to read again like Sweet Valley High and the Fear Street Sagas! WooHoo!!

You can check out the Challenge details HERE.


The Second challenge I'm participating in is also hosted by The Book Vixen
{Hey, what can I say? She's got some good challenges!}

[ 2 / 100]

This one seemed simple and straight to the point. You just have to read more books this year than you read last year. She's got different levels for outdoing yourself:
     Getting my heart rate up – Read 1–5 more books 
     Out of breath – Read 6–10 more books 
     Breaking a sweat – Read 11–15 more books 

     I’m on fire! – Read 16+ more books

Click HERE to read up on the challenge.
I'm really not sure which level I'm doing yet but I really do want to outdo myself. My inspiration this year are my two bloggy best friends, Isalys {Whom you all know from this blog!} and Nely from All About {N}. Isa read 86 books in 2010 and Nely read 251 friggin' books! I only read 23... yup.. I admit it... 23 measley books. **Hangs head in shame** 
I'm promising myself to do better this year!!


The Third challenge I'm doing is the Young Adult Reading Challenge hosted by For the Love of YA.
[ 2 / 20]

This is another challenge that's simple and to the point {Is it obvious that I love simple and to the point?}
She's got 4 Levels of participation:
--The Mini YA Reading Challenge – Read 12 Young Adult novels.

--The "Fun Size" YA Reading Challenge – Read 20 Young Adult novels.

--The Jumbo Size YA Reading Challenge – Read 40 Young Adult novels.
--The Mega size YA Reading Challenge – Read 50+ Young Adult novels.

I wish I could say that I'll be doing the MEGA size one but I'm just not sure yet!


Last, but certainly not least, are our own challenges!
Click HERE or on the pictures below for Rules and Sign Up :)

Good Luck to all {and me!} on Challenges this year!! 


  1. Hello and Happy new Year, Vanessa!! I have a sub-challenge for you this year. I plan on reading at least 100 books this year, starting with Zombie-romance, then Steampunk. If you can read(and maybe post reviews) of at least 50 books this year before I read my 100th book, then there may be a prize involved. Up to the challenge, if so, please leave me a comment here or at with "your contest/challenge" as the subject line. Have a fun-filled 2011 and good luck!!

    --Andrew G

  2. You've inspired me. I'm going to try to Outdo what I did last year and the YA challenge. I read 49 books last year I'm aiming for 60-65 this year. Crossing fingers now!

  3. Good Luck, V!

    Glad to have you back.

  4. @BookAngel: Yayyyy! I'm an inspiration to someone! Woohoo! Let me know how your progress goes! Maybe if we encourage each other we can meet our goals :D

    @Andrew: I will certainly try! I have soooo much going on this coming year that I'll be amazed if I surpass last years numbers! But again, I will certainly try! :P

    @Missie: Thanks! So glad to be back :) On the blog at least and not just 'behing the scenes!' lol

    ♥ Vanessa


Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison