Vanessa's Personal Challenges for 2011!

Hey kiddos! I'm back! 
Boy have I missed blogging! I've been doing A LOT of 'behind the scenes' work and I cannot wait to share all of our goodies with you guys! Unfortunately a lot of the goodies aren't ready to be showcased yet... but do not fear!... all will be revealed in due time {Hopefully the next few weeks}. The blog is getting a complete make-over and we're also cooking up some super cool features that we're VERY excited about!

Now... onto the challenges I hope to participate in.
{I'm leaving the ones we personally host for last}


The First one that I'm ÜBER excited about is hosted by the lovely Book Vixen!
Completed
[0 / 10]

Yup, you're reading correctly. We get to read all those cool books we read when we were youngin's <-- (spelling?). I was literally hopping up and down when I started thinking of all the books I loved and get to read again like Sweet Valley High and the Fear Street Sagas! WooHoo!!

You can check out the Challenge details HERE.

♥♥♥♥♥♥

The Second challenge I'm participating in is also hosted by The Book Vixen
{Hey, what can I say? She's got some good challenges!}


Completed
[ 2 / 100]

This one seemed simple and straight to the point. You just have to read more books this year than you read last year. She's got different levels for outdoing yourself:
Levels:
     Getting my heart rate up – Read 1–5 more books 
     Out of breath – Read 6–10 more books 
     Breaking a sweat – Read 11–15 more books 

     I’m on fire! – Read 16+ more books

Click HERE to read up on the challenge.
I'm really not sure which level I'm doing yet but I really do want to outdo myself. My inspiration this year are my two bloggy best friends, Isalys {Whom you all know from this blog!} and Nely from All About {N}. Isa read 86 books in 2010 and Nely read 251 friggin' books! I only read 23... yup.. I admit it... 23 measley books. **Hangs head in shame** 
I'm promising myself to do better this year!!


♥♥♥

The Third challenge I'm doing is the Young Adult Reading Challenge hosted by For the Love of YA.
Completed
[ 2 / 20]

This is another challenge that's simple and to the point {Is it obvious that I love simple and to the point?}
She's got 4 Levels of participation:
--The Mini YA Reading Challenge – Read 12 Young Adult novels.

--The "Fun Size" YA Reading Challenge – Read 20 Young Adult novels.

--The Jumbo Size YA Reading Challenge – Read 40 Young Adult novels.
--The Mega size YA Reading Challenge – Read 50+ Young Adult novels.

I wish I could say that I'll be doing the MEGA size one but I'm just not sure yet!

♥♥♥

Last, but certainly not least, are our own challenges!
Click HERE or on the pictures below for Rules and Sign Up :)





Good Luck to all {and me!} on Challenges this year!! 



5 comments:

  1. Hello and Happy new Year, Vanessa!! I have a sub-challenge for you this year. I plan on reading at least 100 books this year, starting with Zombie-romance, then Steampunk. If you can read(and maybe post reviews) of at least 50 books this year before I read my 100th book, then there may be a prize involved. Up to the challenge, if so, please leave me a comment here or at agrigaliunas@yahoo.com with "your contest/challenge" as the subject line. Have a fun-filled 2011 and good luck!!

    --Andrew G
    agrigaliunas@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've inspired me. I'm going to try to Outdo what I did last year and the YA challenge. I read 49 books last year I'm aiming for 60-65 this year. Crossing fingers now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @BookAngel: Yayyyy! I'm an inspiration to someone! Woohoo! Let me know how your progress goes! Maybe if we encourage each other we can meet our goals :D

    @Andrew: I will certainly try! I have soooo much going on this coming year that I'll be amazed if I surpass last years numbers! But again, I will certainly try! :P

    @Missie: Thanks! So glad to be back :) On the blog at least and not just 'behing the scenes!' lol

    ♥ Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison