US vs. UK (Round 10)


So I've  recently become a fan of Stacia Kane's Downside Ghosts Series.

I have to admit that I had a tough time getting into this series at first because it was so different from everything else that I've read.  I haven't read a lot of UF so I was missing the romantic element, our heroine is pretty much dysfunctional and the world is not a happy place by any means!

However, I felt compelled to keep moving forward with the series and I'm really glad I did :) Stacia Kane creates a unique world that is both terrifying and captivating.  Chess is, as I mentioned, dysfunctional but still so strong and a fighter through & through.  As for the love interest (because there is one), we will fall in love with the most unlikely hero, Terrible!

Anyway, this is a COVER post and here I am rambling away...so let's get to our cover showdown, shall we?

As usual, US is on the left and UK is on the right.

♥Isalys

Book # 1: Unholy Ghosts
    

 Book # 2: Unholy Magic

Book # 3: City of Ghosts
    

I actually really like the simple elegance of the UK covers for this series (I usually believe less is more), especially the one for "City of Ghosts".  But as much as I like them, I believe that the US covers really captured the feel of the books!  Having the faces of the characters of the covers can be hit or miss, but I think these are a definite HIT!  The model looks exactly as I picture Chess.  I also love that you can tell from the covers that Downside is dark, scary and unsafe.  It has almost a dystopian feel to it! I'm giving my vote to US for this series!

I haven't read this series yet so I wouldn't know what the characters look like, lol, but I DO like the US version better. Although I can appreciate the simplicity the UK version has to offer, I much rather see the colors used in the US covers. I especially enjoy the blue hues in Unholy Magic. My vote is for US!


PS:  A quick thanks to Ashley from Bookaholic does Blogging for the rockin' new US vs. UK button that Isalys totally stole from her...with her permission of course :)

17 comments:

  1. I like the UK covers better, they are more intriguing. I haven't read this series yet either, but the UK covers catch my eye. The US ones kind of get lost in the sea of paranormal romance covers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the US covers are better(I usually like the US covers better anyway). I love the coloring and also the tattoos showing on the woman's back. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The covers are so different. I think I like the UK cover better because they look cleaner, but I don't like it when faces are cut in half, which is happening in both versions.

    Love this feature girls. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the UK better too less is more in this case I think, but like you say I haven't read it so if the characters are envisioned in the cover I would so go with US!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the UK covers better. They are unique to me. The US covers seem to mimic all the other covers out there now. I usually big time judge a book by its cover so I would prob not even consider the US covers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi *waves*

    I like the UK covers a lot too, but having read the series, I can say that the US covers are much more fitting!!

    I would probably vote UK if I hadn't read the books, but then again I'd probably also think that the story is more romantic and milder than it actually is.

    These books are very dark, intense, sometimes gory, and even scary!!

    I totally agree that to put the UK version on a US shelf will attract far more attention simply b/c it's so different :)

    ♥Isalys

    ReplyDelete
  7. For once I`m picking the colorful US ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going with UK they are a lot more unique. The US ones look to typical for the covers that are out there now.

    But i haven't read the series so I can see how that might change your view.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going with Vanessa on this one. I like the US covers way better than the UK ones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the US covers are better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the UK one is better girls

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never heard of this series, so I don't know anything about them, but to be honest, I don't really like either of the sets of covers, and I know you're not supposed to judge the covers, but I wouldn't stop to have a look at these... If I had to choose though, I'd say that the UK ones were better because of their simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am not a fan of either. So for me it is 0-0 this time. Since both have strong and weak points

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never read this series, but I love the UK covers!
    -Holly

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to say the UK. The US covers have too much going on and I feel like I've seen similar covers to these already.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison