Teaser Tuesday 1.4.11


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading and it asks us to...
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share a couple of “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers.
Isalys's Teaser:
"You see, my father had no killer instinct," he explained, "and no appetite for war."  Then, silently praying he wasn't making a fatal mistake, he dropped his sword to the floor and let her go.  "And neither do I."

Set free, Jossy raised her blade, and for one awful instant, Drew feared she meant to behead him then and there.  But the sword wavered in her grip, her chin trembled, and a tear spilled down her cheek."

~p. 254 of  "Seduced by Destiny" by Kira Morgan


Vanessa's Teaser
"..it's as if he hears me anyway and starts to turn, and my heart skips a beat when I don't wake up but see his face now, his mouth curling up in a half smile as he jokes with the guy next to him. He glances up and his eyes meet mine. The hallway melts away. It's only him and me now, in the forest. The vision comes from behind him, the fire on the hillside roaring toward us, faster than it could ever possibly happen. I have to save him, I think. That's when I faint."

~p. 35 of "Unearthly" by Cynthia Hand {it's an ARC so the pages are off}

 

10 comments:

  1. V! Isn't it fab so far? I love this book! Enjoy!

    Today my TT is a 3-for-1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unearthly - HOLY CRAP! Is the whole book like that? Awesome quote.

    Here's mine.http://bookluv.blogspot.com/2011/01/tuesday-teaser-jan-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are great, but I've seen Unearthly everywhere and I mean everywhere.... LOL

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/01/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one! I read this one too and enjoyed it fairly well!

    Here's my teaser

    ReplyDelete
  5. I awarded you; http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/01/awards-ceremony.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great teasers! I especially loved Unearthly!! I have it and can't wait to get started - especially now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn’t Unearthly amazing? I just finished that one last week *sigh* Seduced by Destiny sounds like a historical romance I could get into.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww, i really like the first one. i read something else by this author and it was really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to read Unearthly! and I've nominated your blog for the Stylish blogger awards. If you want to know more about it visti my blog

    http://mybookaddiction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison