Bloggiesta! Update 2

Latest Update on 6.13.10 @ 11:40 pm
I've done strike throughs on the ones I've accomplished since Friday.
I've completed 18.5 hrs of blogging time! Woot woot!



I - Vanessa - have decided to participate in my very first Bloggiesta hosted by
Maw Books {Please click on the link to learn more!}!!


I'm very excited about this because I definitely have A LOT to do for the blog and I feel like I can finally make a dent on my LONG laundry list of things to do.

These are my goals:

♥ Organize Goodreads
♥ Network! Find other bloggers and comment on their sites
(Done! Found over 150 NEW blogs! Woot!)


♥ Write reviews
(I seem to have a problem with this one in particular b/c I feel like my review writing style isn't up to par with all the other awesome reviewers out there - starting with my awesome co-blogger Isalys! lol. I guess I just need to get over my fear....)

♥ Write a post for my own YA Challenge
(I'm challenging myslef to read YA books and would like to make a post on it.)
♥ Start a post for a great idea Isalys and I have been talking about

♥ Create templates for future posts
(This will help us immensely!)

♥ Clean up tags

♥ Revamp and Reintroduce our Challenges
(I've definitely slacked on this. I need to remind everyone that we ARE actually hosting our own Challanges)

♥ Work on the Book Club
(Speaking of slacking ... I need to pick a new book for the Book Club ... and actually follow up with discussion questions...)

♥ Add a Gadget with FTC Guidelines

♥ Read posts on Google Reader

♥ Organize Google Reader

♥ Write a business plan for the blog
(Check out Parajunkee's awesome Book Blogging 101 for more info)

♥ Join some Mini-Challenges for the Bloggiesta :D
Mini-Challenges I completed:
Embracing the Community - Hosted by Bonjour Cass!Be Brave - Hosted by MotherReader
It's not Cheating - Hosted by There's a Book

♥ Update Calendar
(Google and Personal)


So.... that's my list... so far ...

Wish me Luck!

12 comments:

  1. I am terrible at keeping up my shelfari and goodreads accounts. I really need to do that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree, I feel like my reviews aren't as good as everyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Em: Thanks!
    @TheMistress: Me too! That's why it took me HOURS to do :(
    @Marie: I guess we need to practice huh? I figure, if everyone else can do it, why can't we?!
    @Fiction: THANK YOU!! :D

    ♥ Vanessa ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Practice makes perfect with the reviews. I'm still learning, but I've noticed that I'm getting better the more I write them.

    Suggestion for your book group: One Thousand Chestnut Trees by Mira Stout

    I love it. I want to read it again. Sadly, I don't even own a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great list!! I need to do something like this soon. Especially the networking part. Maybe I'll just do that...

    You're doing a great job dear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Carin: Yes, I definitely need practice. I'm not horrible, I just don't feel it sounds prfessional enough, ya know? I write how I speak. Thanks for the book suggestions, both on the blog and via Twitter. I'll definitely check out your reviews! :D

    @Melange: Networking WORKS! We've gotten 40 new followers in one day. I couldn't believe it. I will definitely be networking a lot more! Thanks for the "great job" :)
    It's nice to hear those words!!

    ♥ Vanessa ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Vanessa - Me too! I sometimes write how I talk (probably more often than I think). It's ok to me because it's a personal book blog--we're not The New York Times right?!!--I think it helps the reader get a feel for the blogger. Oh and by the way, you guys are the first book bloggers I've seen vlog! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great you got so much done! I have to tell you that sometimes I really am not happy with my reviews next to others. But as you write more reviews you start to find your voice.
    Your reviews are great though, you really have nothing to worry about!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Soulmates! Just found your blog through Bloggiesta! Very fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopping by for Bloggiesta...hope you have a productive weekend.

    http://amomentwithmystee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison