Challenge Yourself...Vanessa

**List will be updated regularly**

Hi everyone!
I was recently going through my Good Reads to-be-read list and realized I have 484 books! Yes, that's right, you read it correctly.... 484! I know.... I couldn't believe it either!
*Hangs head in mock shame*
I started wondering how many were YA (Young Adult) and decided to take on the daunting task of organizing the list. Needless to say I have 281 YA books! *Phew* Just thinking about it gets me tired! Anyhoo... I decided to "Challenge" myself to read at least 50 books from now til December 31st. What do you guys think? Will I make it?! lol
THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL CHALLENGE WE'RE HOSTING ... BUT... ANYONE CAN JOIN ME :D

Honestly, the more the merrier... we can talk about the books we're reading and push ourselves to achieve our goals!
{I know I personally need a little pushing, lol}

Here's the tentative list:

{In Alphabetical order by Author's last name. There are quite a few books that are in a series, I added the first book of the series to make room for the other books on the list}
6. Seeing Redd {Looking Glass Wars #2} - Frank Beddor
7. The Carrie Diaries - Candace Bushnell
8. Heist Society - Ally Carter
9. Devils Kiss - Sarwat Chadda
10. Stolen- Lucy Christopher
11. Clockwork Angel {The Infernal Devices #1} - Cassandra Clare
12. City of Bones- Cassandra Clare
13. Mockingjay {Hunger Games #3} - Suzanne Collins
14. Blue Bloods {Blue Bloods #1}- Melissa DeLaCruz
15. The Maze Runner {Maze Runner #1}- James Dashner
16. Sapphique {Incarceron #2} - Catherine Fisher
17. Crescendo {Hush, Hush #2} - Becca Fitzpatrick
18. If I Stay - Gayle Forman
19. Beautiful Creatures {Caster Chronicles #1} - Garcia & Stohl
20. Beautiful Darkness {Caster Chronicles #2} - Garcia & Stohl
21. Princess of the Midnight Ball - Jessica Day George
22. Princess of Glass - Jessica Day George
23. The Luxe {Luxe #1} - Anna Godbersen
24. The Summer I Turned Pretty - Jenny Han
25. The Juliet Club - Suzanne Harper
26. The Devouring {The Devouring #1} - Simon Holt
27. Soulstice {The Devouring #2} - Simon Holt
28. Need {Need #1} - Carrie Jones
29. Captivate {Need #2} - Carrie Jones
30. The Iron King {The Iron Fey #1} - Julie Kagawa
31. The Iron Daughter {The Iron Fey #2} - Julie Kagawa
32. Fallen {Fallen #1} - Lauren Kate
33. Torment {Fallen #2} - Lauren Kate
34. Vampire Academy {V.A. #1} - Richelle Mead
35. The Eternal Ones - Kirsten Miller
36. Evermore {The Immortals #1} - Alyson Noel
37. Blue Moon {The Immortals #2} - Alyson Noel
38. The Daykeeper's Grimoire {Prophecy of Days #1} - Christy Raedeke
39. Dead Tossed Waves {Forest of Hands and Teeth #2} - Carrie Ryan
40. Shiver {The Wolves of Mercy Falls #1}- Maggie Stiefvater
41. Linger {The Wolves of Mercy Falls #2} - Maggie Stiefvater
42. Lament {Books of Faerie #1} - Maggie Stiefvater
43. Ballad {Books of Faerie #2} - Maggie Stiefvater
44. Deadly Little Secret {Touch #1} - Laurie Faria Stolarz
45. The Haunted {The Hollow #2} - Jessica Verday
46. Uglies {Uglies #1} - Scott Westerfeld
47. Prophecy of the Sisters {P.o.t.S #2} - Michelle Zink

{I took some off the list to make room for the other books in the series}
Alright ... so who's with me?!

Challenge yourself!

16 comments:

  1. My TBR list is getting up there too! Maybe I should consider a goal like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and Good Morning Vanessa. I actually have more books to read than I stated on GR(Goodreads). I want to do the challenge with you. So starting today, June 14,2010, we are going to read 50(or more) books before Dec 31, 2010. At least once a month we will have to update our status on GR to stay updated on our progress. And please be honest. Well good luck Vanessa!! I hope top read all of my 50 books before you do. LOL!!! :)
    Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you know I don't need much to agree to a challenge, although this one really works for me ;)

    I plan on challenging myself to read 50 books as well. Not all YA though, I'll throw in some chick-lit, romance, etc. just to keep things balanced. I figure this way I'll start reading more of what I want to read. YAY!

    My list is ready so I plan on posting it up some time today. Excited - doesn't take much! lol

    Luv ya
    ♥Nely

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Vanessa. I forgot to mention that not all of my 50(or more) books will be YA. Some will be romance(historical and contemporary), urban fantasy, and a few vamps. I was also wondering what your first book(s) out of your list is going to be the first ones that you are going to read? Is there a book group that you belong to on Goodreads? There are sooooo many groups it is hard to find a good one. Please let me know which group(s) you belong to. Thanks for everything and have fun reading!!
    :) :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. GOOD FOR you Vanessa I"m proud of you getting your list organize as for me doing the challange I have to pass since I'm pregnant I havn't been up to reading so much but hopefully that will pass

    Good Luck
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like fun! You can soooooo do it! You still have more than half the year! Do you listen to an books on audio? I have a long commute (during the school year, I'm a teacher) so I listen to audiobooks there and back and I get a ton of reading done that way. I listen when I do housework or workout, too and get reading in that way. I saw some books you'll love and some I have on my TBR list, too. I'm excited to see how you do! You should cross them off as you go and post - maybe on a separate page? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm doing the 100 book challenge and have about 30 something books left. Think I will add on your challege and go for 50 instead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's such a great idea - and a great list, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vanessa you haven't read The Dead Tossed Waves yet?!?!?!?! *gasp*...*holds heart*....ok you need to read that NEXT! Then after that move on to Shiver because it is SO awesome and the sequel Linger should be equally awesome. I have to wait for Linger to be released while you have the privilege of reading it right after Shiver!!!!! Yes, I'm jealous lol. But seriously, you have got to read The Dead Tossed Waves and follow it up with Shiver. Ok just my two cents for the afternoon :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you organizing your list! I have more than double your TBR, bad bad me! I'm with you on trying to get 50 more read though!!
    You should read Heist Society it's fun and fast, great book to kick this off with!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi everyone!

    Thanks for all the comments! So far on my "should be read next week" list is:

    • The Heist Society by Ally Carter (She'll be coming to town next month, lol so I guess I should read it soon.)
    • The Dead-Tossed Waves - (I started reading it, got to page 70, and had to put it down)
    • Shiver - Maggie Stiefvater
    • Linger - Maggie Stiefvater
    • Evermore - Alyson Noel ( This one I DEFINITELY have to read b/c she'll be here too at the end of June!)

    I'll be using the "Eenie Meenie Minie Mo" method to decide!

    If anyone else has recommendations please throw them my way!

    ♥ Vanessa ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to go with these.

    40. Shiver {The Wolves of Mercy Falls #1}- Maggie Stiefvater

    41. Linger {The Wolves of Mercy Falls #2} - Maggie Stiefvater


    alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com
    http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I am actually going to join you in the challenge. I have so many books I have bought recently, but I haven't actually read. The fact that I get review copies and then buy copies by myself makes the situation hard since I want to read the review copies first and sometimes I only have time for them.

    And yeah... maybe the fact that I have like 50 books from the library as well does not help the situation.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison