Teaser Tuesday 6.29.10

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading and it asks us to...
  • Grab your current read

  • Open to a random page

  • Share a couple of “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

  • Share the title & author, too, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers.
Vanessa's Teaser:
"So you remember our secret rendezvous?" Iain's fingers dipped underneath the top of her dress and traced the edge of Haven's lace bra. "I must admit - I've thought about those a bit myself. We had to be careful back then. It wouldn't have looked right for an unmarried young lady to be welcoming a man into her home. Particularly a man who didn't occupy the same social station."


~ p. 174 from "The Eternal Ones" {ARC} by Kirsten Miller


Isalys's Teaser:
""You didn't just write the play, Bertie," Peaseblossom said suddenly. "You ordered the Players about, shouted, and threw an artistic hissy fit. Do you know what that makes you?"
"A temperamental fusspot?" Mustardseed guessed.
"Crazier than a bag full of crazy?" Moth said.
"Close," Peaseblossom said. "It makes her a Director."

~p. 63 from "Eyes Like Stars" {Théâtre Illuminata, #1} by Lisa Mantchev

The fairies, who incidentally happen to be characters from my favorite Shakespearean play, are my favorite characters. They are an absolute riot and now I can only dream that I had my own fairy sidekicks! This book may not be for everyone, but I'm really enjoying it! It is one of the funniest and most cleverly written books I've read in a while :)

21 comments:

  1. I saw a great review of Eyes Like Stars and added it to my list a few weeks ago. Love the teaser from The Eternal Ones! Here's my teaser from The Hollow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eyes Like Stars is a fabulous read. The fairies are amazing.

    I've heard mixed reviews about The Eternal Ones, how are you liking it so far?

    My teaser is up at Find the Time to Read

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser for "Eyes like Stars".
    I also love the cover, it´s so gorgoeus.
    Hope you both enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teasers! I know a few people who are bags full of crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we all get crazy at one time or another!!!! It makes life much more fascinating, dont you agree? Thanks for commenting on my teaser, love yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are great teasers! I especially want to read The Eternal Ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just got to break down and buy Eyes Like Stars that sounds So good!
    The Eternal Ones I'll have to see what others think first not sure its my cup of tea.
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two great teasers, as always -- one evocative, one funny. Love it!

    My blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teaser from The Eternal Ones - can't wait to read it!

    And I love, love, love the faeries in Theatre Illuminata as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to read The Eternal Ones and I loved Eyes Like Stars! Great teasers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. good teasers
    Thanks for visiting my TT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Teasers guys!!! I loveeeeee the cover art for Eyes Like Stars!!!

    Here's mine:
    http://bookmarkyourthoughts.blogspot.com/2010/06/teaser-tuesday5.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those teasers! One steamy, the other hilarious and insightful. Great choices.

    Thanks for coming by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome teasers! I want to read both of those books!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice teasers! I've been wanting to read Eyes Like Stars for awhile, happy to hear you're enjoying it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both are very nice teasers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great teasers! Both are books I hope to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. +JMJ+

    I hadn't known there were Shakespearean fairies in Eyes Like Stars! This is good to know. =) I stay away from Historical Novels that speculate about Shakespeare, but I love stories that have some postmodern fun with his plays.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison