Manic Monday...Alice in Wonderland by Tim Burton

One of Isalys's favorite Disney movies is being adapted into a big feature film starring Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter and Anne Hathaway!

The Tim Burton-ized version of Alice in Wonderland will hit theaters March 5, 2010, which seems so far away. But it's just close enough to show off how awesomely trippy Burton's re-imagining of the Lewis Carroll classic will be.

Johnny Depp reunites with his bestie director friend for the seventh time, to play the Mad Hatter. Judging by the picture, he is part Elijah Wood, part Carrot Top and all the way creepy!

And Depp isn't the only one getting a crazy Burton makeover...

The director's partner Helena Bonham Carter is scary in that deranged clown sort of way. And if her penciled-in eyebrows, receding hairline and clown makeup aren't terrifying enough for children, she'll also have a moat filled with bobbing heads to go along with her favorite phrase, "Off with their heads!"

Meanwhile all Anne Hathaway has to do for her part as the White Queen is don a blonde wig, otherwise she's just as pretty as ever.









Click here to see a few more pictures from the Vanity Fair photo shoot.

We are so excited to see what Tim Burton's crazy imagination does with Lewis Carroll's classic story of a young girl lost in a fantasy world filled with peculiar creatures & characters!

Seems that Tim Burton, as always, has lined up the perfect cast for his latest creation. I have no doubt that Johnny Depp will transform & alight the character of the Mad Hatter just as Helena Bonham Carter will give the Queen a whole new deranged twist :)

How deliciously creepy!

12 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see this movie. I saw the posters for it last weekend when we saw Transformers. I'm a big Tim Burton fan so I am super excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be the trippiest Alice in Wonderland ever! :) Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks creepy but interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE Tim Burton, can't wait for this to come out! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I simply cannot wait for this! After Depp in The Chocolate Factory, I am hooked. This is gonna make AIW all worthwhile for me!

    Karen Syed
    http://klsyed.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how it looks I would go see it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - I must have been under a rock, I didnt even know about this. I will have to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must have been under a rock, too, because I did not hear about this either. I just saw Depp in Public Enemies (which was long, but good, btw). He looks very creepy here. Very Edward Scissorhands goes Beetlejuice or something.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was thinking more Carrot Top on acid... lol. Creepy or not, I still think he's hot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I never really liked Alice in Wonderland (not sure why), but from the photos of this upcoming movie I will more than likely be watching it. I love Anne Hathaway too, so that has a large role in my decision. Can't wait to watch it, thanks for letting us know :)

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cannot wait to see this and the pictures are just AMAZING! Tim Burton has quite the imagination.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison