US vs. UK (Round 2)

Welcome back to US vs. UK - Round 2

Since these days, Vanessa is all about "The Forest of Hands and Teeth" by Carrie Ryan AND it is our current book club selection, we thought that this week we'd face-off the US paperback cover against its UK counterpart.

*ding ding ding*

.

Who will it be folks: The almost creepy American girl staring at you through the branches OR the plainer UK version with some thing on the cover? (What is that - a flower? *shrug*)

I'm sort of on the fence on this one. They're both unique.... but I actually prefer the US HARDCOVER version of it though because the girl on the cover is actually in a forest and she looks like she's depressed (which I would be too if I lived in a village surrounded by Zombies!)

I'm still undecided on who to go with for this round! I like the simplicity of the UK version. However, the one drawback as far (as I'm concerned) is I don't see what the cover has to do with a forest, hands, teeth or zombies *lol* unless I'm missing something!

I think we might have to allow the US hardcover version be a contender in this round. The somber mood of the cover seems to be the most fitting with the feel of the book.







Other blogs participating in this meme are: The Book Shopaholic, The Bloody Bookaholic, and Wondrous Reads. Check out their blogs and vote on their selections for the week =)


6 comments:

  1. I prefer the US version. More to catch the eye on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm from the UK, so have the black cover with the weird flower thing on it, but prefer the American hardback cover by far, it suits the title so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the U.S. cover more, too. It is just more appealing.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison