Bout of Books 3.0 Plus Goals for the week

In the past, I’ve struggled a bit with completing my goals and it has frustrated me to no end. So, I’ve been throwing around the idea in my head of starting my own posts for Mondays outlining what I’d like to accomplish that week. I was talking to Isa about this and she suggested I look into ‘Bout of Books’. Now, I know this is a read-a-thon for this week only, but I figured since we have to outline our bookish goals for the week, why not throw in there my other goals and just combine everything together? So.. that’s what I’m doing. ‘Cause I’m a friggin’ rebel.

boutofbooks-jan
My Goals [Bookish & Bloggy]:
  • Read 3 books. [This may not seem like a lot BUT I’m a bit rusty and I’ve been crazy busy lately so trust me, this may be pushing it lol.]
  • Read/Delete all 7,000+ emails. If you’ve emailed and I haven’t answered, well, this is why and I’m truly sorry! My inbox is overwhelming!
  • Tackle my RSS Feed. I know there are quite a few blogs out there on permanent hiatus so if I see some that are actually gone for good then I’ll delete those.
  • Brainstorm bloggy ideas with Isalys. We’re in a bit of a rut, and although we’ve got ideas floating around it’d be nice to add to them.
  • Write at least one review. Again, this may not seem like a lot, but if you’ve been a follower of this blog I’m sure you can remember all the times I’ve expressed my fear of writing a review. This is a big one for me.
Books To Read:
  • Hex by Rhiannon Lassiter
  • Shadows by Rhiannon Lassiter
  • Ghosts by Rhiannon Lassiter
OR, if the first book doesn’t catch my attention, then I’ll read:
  • Blood Magic by Tessa Gratton
  • and whatever else catches my eye :P
Updates:
1/9
Number of books I’ve read today: 0.5
Total number of books I’ve read: 0.5
Pages read: 206
Books: Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter
Today #insixwords: Switched book I was originally reading <-- yayyy six words!
Bloggy tasks accomplished today: Went through emails! I'm down to 3,500 [down from 7000+] and updated this post lol.

1/10
Number of books I’ve read today: .5
Total number of books I’ve read: 1
Pages Read: 200
Books:  Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter
Today #insixwords:   Pretty good day I must say :)
Bloggy tasks accomplished today: Cleaned up emails


1/11    
Number of books I’ve read today: .5
Total number of books I’ve read: 1.5
Pages Read: 125
Books: Awake at Dawn by C.C. Hunter
Today #insixwords: Feeling pretty darn accomplished <-- ok not 6 words but whatevs
Bloggy tasks accomplished today: Cleared some more emails. Met up with Isalys and went over bloggy ideas while haning at our favorite spot B&N :D



1/12
Number of books I’ve read today:
Total number of books I’ve read:
Pages Read:
Books:
Today #insixwords:
Bloggy tasks accomplished today:

1/13
Number of books I’ve read today:
Total number of books I’ve read:
Pages Read:
Books:
Today #insixwords:
Bloggy tasks accomplished today:

1/14
Number of books I’ve read today:
Total number of books I’ve read:
Pages Read:
Books:
Today #insixwords:
Bloggy tasks accomplished today:

1/15
Number of books I've read today:
Total number of books I've read:
Pages Read:
Books:
Today #insixwords:
Bloggy tasks accomplished today:

The Bout of Books read-a-thon also has activities scheduled throughout the week:
Schedule:
Jan. 9th: Hannah: Blog | Twitter
Challenge: TBR Pile Picture and Search

Jan. 10th: Poison: Blog | Twitter
Challenge: Book to Movie

Jan. 11th: Celine: Blog | Twitter
Challenge: Guess the Cover

Jan. 12th: Shirley: Blog | Twitter
Challenge: Guess the Character

Jan. 13th: Jacinda: Blog | Twitter
Challenge: Picture
Twitter Chat: 3pm CST (UTC-6)

Jan. 14th: Kelly: Blog | Twitter
Challenge: Guess the Tagline

Jan 15th: Amber: Blog | Twitter
Challenge: Match the Heroine

Well … wish me good luck!
If you’re participating in Bout of Books hosted by Amanda @ On A Book Bender or have a post on your own personal goals then please share your link below or drop us comment!

Vanessa_NewSignature

13 comments:

  1. Welcome aboard the Bout of Books crazy train. ;-) I'm sure you're going to do a fab job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck accomplishing your goals! It definitely helps to lay it out like that. I love your ambition! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you'll be joining us for Bout of Books! Good luck with your reading and blogging goals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those seem like pretty great goals Vanessa! The 7000+ emails made me cringe, that's causing me stress just thinking about it and it's not even my inbox! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how easy it is to set goals for yourself and then forget about them or let yourself come up short. Still, good luck! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only found out about Bout of Books yesterday, and signed up immediately. I've got my goal set at hopefully reading 5 books by the end of the challenge. I finished one last night, just before I went to sleep, and I'm hoping I can tear through the other two without a problem. I could make it easy on myself and go for shorter books, but that feels too easy!

    Keep at it! Much reading for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Crap on the emails!

    That is a huge amount! I would probably accidentally hit the delete button :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Ria: Awesome! Good luck with your reading goals :)

    @Felicia: Um.. I may have .. you know ... deleted A LOT ... by mistake? :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your reading goals! You can do it! *cheers*

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've reminded me with all of your blog goals, that a blogiesta needs to happen sometime soon :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison