Tempting Tuesday: Some Girls Bite Chapters 9-12

 

Tempting Tuesdays Discussion Schedule:
January 03rd - Chapters 1-4 (Jenny at Supernatural Snark)
January 10th - Chapters 5-8 (Tina at Tina's Book Reviews)
January 17th - Chapters 9-12 (Rummanah at Books in the Spotlight)
January 24th - Chapters 13-15 + epilogue (Missie at The Unread Reader)
January 31st - Special guest post by Chloe Neill and our grand prize giveaway!

Week Two Discussion Questions: Chapters 9-12
  1. Catcher and Ethan share some personality traits. What makes Mallory, Merit, and even us readers attracted to these guys? Would you date/mate with someone like these guys in real life?
    I leave mysterious men for my books! I love the rough, tough, sarcastic, all tatted up hero (especially if he has blue hair) but I don't think I could deal with that in real life.  I have a type A personality myself so me and an alpha male would probably butt serious heads!
  2. In Chapter 9 we learn of another murder. Do you see any patterns with the previous murder and Merit's attack? Do you have any guesses as to who is responsible and the motive behind the murders? 
    Besides the obvious?  There is definitely something fishy going on.  I haven't figured out how Ethan or Morgan fit into it all but I don't think they're totally innocent. 
  3. The commendation is my favorite moment in the book and a significant event in Merit's life. She has finally come to terms that she is a Cadogan vampire. Were you surprised at all that Merit resisted Ethan's call and that he made her a Sentinel? Do you think she'll do well in this position? Why or why not?
    I was not at all surprised that Merit was able to resist the call.  The book sets her up to be a bad-ass heroine so it stands to reason that she's going to have some sort of ability/resistance to power.  As for the whole Sentinel thing, not really surprised by that either.  I think it's a great position for her to learn "Vampire 101", become stronger and create a sense of loyalty to her house.
  4. Loyalty is a reoccurring theme throughout the book and much of this series. Why is it so important to Ethan that he needs Merit's allegiance? Is it solely a Master and Sentinel thing or does it imply something else?
    I think there are several reasons for why Ethan would want Merit's allegiance:
    A-
    She's living in his house and is one of his employees.  He needs to know that he can trust her to protect them with the shit hits the fun...which we know it will!
    B- On the chance that she turns out to be a vampire super-vixen, he definitely would want her on his team.  Doesn't seem like she'd be a good enemy to have!
    C- There's obviously some serious sexual tension there so while he's reluctant to be in a relationship with her, that doesn't mean he wants anyone else to really have her.  As for the whole Morgan situation, that's all a political move.
  5. If you had the opportunity to sit down with Ethan, Merit, Mallory, and Catcher for a bite to eat like in the beginning of Chapter 12, what questions would you ask them at this point of the story?
    I'd start with...pass the mustard?  Then I'd tell Ethan to take a chill pill, kick up his heels and not be such an ass (and if he wants to do that while shirtless, well that's OK with me ;).  Then I'd grill Catcher about why he's no longer BFFs with his fellow sorcerers.  There's definitely a story there and I want to know it (cuz I'm nosy like that).  And then once the boys are under control, the girls and I will go shopping because after picking out that black corset outfit, I know Mallory's got taste!

7 comments:

  1. I would love to know where Mallory shops! That outfit sounded so Bad Ass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Pass the mustard"? Lololol! That's awesome. I completely love it.

    I pretty much agree with everything you wrote. Especially the mustard comment. And the tattoos and blue hair part. And the idea that Merit could be a super-vixen. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I have a type A personality myself so me and an alpha male would probably butt serious heads!"

    ME TOO!!! The possessiveness I think would be flattering in the beginning, but then day in and day out it would get to be way too much and we'd have to have some words:)

    I'm loving everyone's questions for the characters, I really want to know Catcher's history too! I've read the whole series and still don't know:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed. They are better off as book boyfriend not the real one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm super nosy too. But only because I'm so curious. I'll start asking people things, and my sister will elbow me in the gut and give me a look like, I can't believe you just asked that. So yeah, I'd team up with your to get more of Catcher's story. I wanna know too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I love the shopping bit! And telling Ethan to take a chill pill and kick his feet up. So. true. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I'm definitely wanting Catchers story, BAD!
    I agree that Ethan wants to keep Merit close and on his side. For sure! And to do that he needs to give her a little bit of power. She's clearly special.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison